mtbr member

Moots Cinco Tweaking

I've owned a Moots Cinco for years. 26" wheels. Thinking of upgrading to 27.5. Can this be done without having to change the fork, etc? No idea. Also thinking of changing the drivetrain. Any suggestions? Thanks

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1 View Post
    I've owned a Moots Cinco for years. 26" wheels. Thinking of upgrading to 27.5. Can this be done without having to change the fork, etc? No idea. Also thinking of changing the drivetrain. Any suggestions? Thanks

That's a whole lot of thinking in one post.

First off, I suggest looking over at the 650b forum and asking if it can be converted. Things to keep in mind would be rear tire clearance and how much it affects your BB height. What year is your frame, and what fork are you currently running?

Secondly, drivetrain. We all have preferences, so what are you running currently? 3x9? What are you looking for this bike to do?

It's hard to go wrong with XT/XTR, but gear ratios will be determined by what you want out of the bike.

I do enjoy 650b, and have been riding and racing them for almost three years now.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1 View Post
    I think FNFAL, hit it pretty much on his post. What kind of fork do you have, some would fit right out of the box, like a Magura Thor. I'm 90% sure that best you can do is 76, 650b front and 26 rear. There's no way that cinco would fit 26x2.7 tire in the back, and that's essentially what you need to fit 650b Neo-Moto 2.3. I've tried it on a few of my bikes including the Smoothie, and YBB, I needed another half an inch or so.

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    There's no way that cinco would fit 26x2.7 tire in the back, and that's essentially what you need to fit 650b Neo-Moto 2.3.
    He could perhaps fit a Quasi Moto in the back. That's a much smaller tire than the 2.3 Neo.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    He could perhaps fit a Quasi Moto in the back. That's a much smaller tire than the 2.3 Neo.
    You are right, the QuasiMoto fit my alibi ( barely) I'm not sure it would be much fun but hey it might be the solution.

Op, there are a few pic in the 650b rear with on ibis alibi just check the 650b forum search. Good luck.