mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Mongoose Wing Pro or Iron Horse Sinister Comp?

Lookin to get back into riding again. These are my choices that fit my budget. It's only about a $50 difference between the two. Which is a better bike? Overall value & componetry?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    does anyone have any opinions on these bikes?

Are you talking to me?

I might.

Stay clear of the Mongoose.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Pacific has just informed me that they are no longer supplying bushing pivot units for the 2002 and earlier Zero G models (it preceded the Wing). This bike is still being sold by Dick's Sporting Goods. I knew Pacific would compromise a great mountain bike brand, but I can't believe that they would sink this low. Hopefully, the new owners will change things. Until then, stay away from any Pacific brand.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    thanx 4 d replies, i think d sinister looks better too! i'll be ordering soon!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I think you should go to your local WalMart Super Center and pick up the Mongoose.

J/K

As others have said I'd stear clear of Mongooses. Pacific has done a great job of ruining 3 decent brands so far, who's next?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

... and if we just ...

I see that 17" is the smallest size available. My last bike was a Trek 930 in a 16" size. I'm 5' 7" tall with a 30" inseam. Would the 17" Sinister be OK. I also see that almost all full suspension bikes have downsloping top tubes, so this should help too,right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    I think you should go to your local WalMart Super Center and pick up the Mongoose.

J/K

As others have said I'd stear clear of Mongooses. Pacific has done a great job of ruining 3 decent brands so far, who's next?
    I know they ruined mongoose, which other companies did they destroy? is Schwinn one of them? I know Canadian Tire sells Schwinn now

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Pacific also owns GT. In January, they were bought out by Dorel Ind. of Montreal. Hopefully, this will change things.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy/RI
    Pacific also owns GT. In January, they were bought out by Dorel Ind. of Montreal. Hopefully, this will change things.
    Yes Pacific ruined GT and Schwinn too. I probably would have bought another GT if it wasn't for that. I loved my Triple Triangle Hardtail.

By the way, Dorel makes baby toys or something, I doubt they will be any better than pacific.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Dorel is also into furniture manufacturing and a leader of the United Steelworker's Union recently labeled the company as a "corporate vulture."