Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Money in custom paint?

518 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jcaino 
#1 ·
I was wondering what you think about custom paint services for bike frames. We have a shop where we currently paint ATVs and was wondering what the market is for custom paint on bike frames. I know I would pay to have my old frames painted but would you? Just a quick post to let me know what you think.

#2 ·
And2xR said:
I was wondering what you think about custom paint services for bike frames. We have a shop where we currently paint ATVs and was wondering what the market is for custom paint on bike frames. I know I would pay to have my old frames painted but would you? Just a quick post to let me know what you think.
Oh yeah, for sure. There's a shop in town (van)...'Toxic', I think it's called, that can do a great quality pro job for $250 - I think it's totally worth it and as soon as I decide on a frame I'm going to have it done.

But then, my bike is my only form of transportation and I don't mind spending money on it. I don't know how many others feel this way. I think it depends a lot on your local cycling scene, here in Van it's pretty hip to be on a bike so people are willing to drop the dough. Back home in Kamloops (central BC), bikes were huge but no one was going to spend money on having theirs painted. They only wanted something to get up and down the mountain and nobody seemed to care what it looked like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.