mtbr member
    Dec 2005

mc Rumble for XC? or another frame for about 200$-260$?

i am looking to build up an xc bike and am trying to decide what frame to get. i want it to be in the 200 to 260 price range, maybe a little higher if it is a great deal. It can be a hard tail or FS, i am interested in any frame ideas. ive seen the rumble for cheap and it gets good reviews, would this frame be usable for aggresive xc? i dont really have any experience with mountain cycle frames. are there other frames in this range that would suit my needs better? ive seen the 04 jamis dakar frame for pretty cheap but the rear shock is a vanilla with no adjustment, anyone have one of these shocks that can give input? thanks in advance

ride hard take risks
    The Rumble is more for street/DJ, it will work as a hardcore HT just dont get any speed going DH.
    Then the Jamis, very nice under rated frame, but it is not really a hardcore XC frame.
    Im not saying they wont work for you application since what ever you build is what makes you ride. In fact a friend of mine rides a XC Giant NRS that supposidly cant handle agressive riding, gee he didnt know that & it works great as a all mountain bike for him.