♥ ς╥33

makers of Aermet 100 frames?

Only custom or?. So I was thinking carbon, carbon fiber is the ****, we all need carbon fiber, and we all know that, but isnt steel cooler? Yeah it isnt welded by god or go into orbit around jupiter, but they made frames of it for at least 100 years so it will probably do for me.

The best steel today is Aermet-100 @ 2000 MPa or so, or so Ive heard at least. So who makes aermet frames? Price? (approx).

I will probably buy a steel frame next, riding a gt alu ht now, had a reynolds 853 before, and now I want a "better" frame.....and I would like a short rigid fork to go with that and pretty slack geometry (like in the early-mid 90-ies, oldschool) not a HA @ 89.99 as I will get if I mount a short fork on a "new" steel steel frame, if you know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Carbon is a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by robicycle
    Just lube your ass with asscream and ride for how long you want.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    There were one or two people messing with it 10 or so years ago but it was pointless really. No butted tube sets, limited sizes plus the fact that the stuff ate tooling made it just a novelty.
    "Do not touch the trim"

♥ ς╥33
    Oh so it was a deadend, too bad because it seems like a very good material.

All 26.5" all the time!
    Arrow Racing built frames from Aermet back in the day. I'm not sure if anyone uses it today, as high end steel frames are a relatively small specialty market.

bike junkie
    Mar 2004

Rhygin?

Did they used to build in Aermet or Metax stuff?