Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Lynskey 0% for 36 months or huge rebate special?!

Don't know how many view or even click the mtbr ad banners, but Lynskey seems to have an attractive offer for a rider who manages money wisely. I am in no way affiliated with Lynskey, but it seems like a smart way to move some bikes. I cringe thinking of the penalties for not paying on time or not paying in full, but this may be attractive to someone:

https://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/specialoffer

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Sweet deal

mtbr member
    if you have to finance a bike, its probably too expensive for you. stuff like this is what ends up getting people in debt

mtbr member
    Interesting that they've also really increased the price of their Silver series. IIRC, these came out at $1000, now they're closer to $1500~$1600.

mtbr member
    Most of the guys I know finance their bikes in one form or another. I sold my motorcycle that had been financed to buy mine. The Lynskeys are sweet bikes and owned by genuinely cool people.

squish, squish in da fish
    lol whats wrong living beyond our means? it's the american dream. i'm getting ready to finance a lunchbox through my credit union for 6200.

mtbr member
    Just curious, did you tell the credit union it was for a bike? Wonder what their response would be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by obs08 View Post
    if you have to finance a bike, its probably too expensive for you. stuff like this is what ends up getting people in debt
    aint that the truth!

But at the same time, if youre getting 0% for 36 months.. as long as you pay it off in that 36 months, you arent losing any additional money in interest and saving yourself that initial sticker shock, even if you have the ability to pay cash up front.
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

AZ
    banned
    They recently raised prices substantially, was it a response to their "free" financing? Whats next? Rent to own? If you bought a Lynskey and paid cash for it you should be pissed off for having to pay an inflated price for it so that someone could get "free" financing.

^^^ true that.

bigb2000, no i just tell em i need a personal loan. i have very good relations with them as they are a small town credit union all my loans go through them so they know my history

mtbr member
    Their website also offers a 35% rebate or 36 month free financing. I'd buy with an 18 month zero percentage credit card or a credit union loan and save the 35%. They actually had a poll on their facebook page a while back, and I believe the 36 month deal was the winner. The real deals on the Lynskey's are their attic deals they list on facebook. Usually demos or last year models. I have seen some really good deals on there. I'd also bet you could show up at their place and ask for a deal. They're that cool.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb2000 View Post
    Their website also offers a 35% rebate or 36 month free financing. I'd buy with an 18 month zero percentage credit card or a credit union loan and save the 35%. They actually had a poll on their facebook page a while back, and I believe the 36 month deal was the winner. The real deals on the Lynskey's are their attic deals they list on facebook. Usually demos or last year models. I have seen some really good deals on there. I'd also bet you could show up at their place and ask for a deal. They're that cool.

That is an up to 35% rebate and it it a limited time offer.

mtbr member

high quality product and great people to work with...

Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    Interesting that they've also really increased the price of their Silver series. IIRC, these came out at $1000, now they're closer to $1500~$1600.
    I had them quote me a high dollar bike a couple months back and they were prepared to knock over 30% off their MSRP. The guy I was working with was a very knowledgable straight shooter. If I was considering a Ti bike, they would certainly be on my short list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lynskey 0% for 36 months or huge rebate special?!-ht-polished_1.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29er

i dont get why ppl get so hard over welds. those welds are really lacking some filler (toes need it). its a nice tight bead but thats about it. chase the keyhole and you're a good welder.....

mtbr member

"really lacking..." ??

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    i dont get why ppl get so hard over welds. those welds are really lacking some filler (toes need it). its a nice tight bead but thats about it. chase the keyhole and you're a good welder.....
    I guess it could be argued that a pretty weld does not always guarantee a good weld, but when we are dealing with a bike manufacturer that hangs his very existence on a quality weld, the chances are very good that the weld joint is stronger than the parent material. I managed Michigan CAT's service department for over 15 years and have had huge exposure to quality welds on any material that is weldable...a very good friend of mine is a certified natural gas pipeline welder, and his beads are a true work-of-art...and every single one must pass an x-ray exam.

Point I am making is that unless you know how the joint was prepared prior to the bead, you cannot logically make a comment that "those welds are really lacking..." Personally, I'd bet the farm that they are every bit as strong as they are pleasing to the eye!

And as much as I enjoy the eye-candy, I have yet to have experienced any uncontrollable blood rush to my groin...oh well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lynskey 0% for 36 months or huge rebate special?!-ht-polished_1.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29er

lacking in aesthetics. i understand welding also, as i'm a steamfitter for 636 in detroit and endure the same tests as your buddy.

mtbr member

okay...

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    lacking in aesthetics. i understand welding also, as i'm a steamfitter for 636 in detroit and endure the same tests as your buddy.
    so now you are okay with the "quality" of the joint, but it just doesn't look good...fair-nuff. my Mom always told me "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I guess that's why they make carbon molds...it's all good though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lynskey 0% for 36 months or huge rebate special?!-dsc01495.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29er

AZ
    banned
    You concluded this after looking at pictures of pretty welds. MMMMMMMMMMkay.

mtbr member

if...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    You concluded this after looking at pictures of pretty welds. MMMMMMMMMMkay.
    that's for me, you-betcha and is yours a question, or an affirmation?
    2014 Nail Trail 29er

whateva. i never said it was an "unsafe" weld, just that there is a tad of undercut thats all. like you said it's in the eye of the beholder.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    If you finance the bike at 0% interest instead of taking a 35% discount! you ARE paying interest.
    For example: $3000 msrp bike with a 30% discount would be $2100. If you finance 2100 over 36 months at 10% interest (which is way more than you should ever pay for a luxury item) the total amount paid over the term of the loan would be under $2500.
    In this example, you would be paying around 25% APR interest by taking the loan in lieu of the discount. You would be agreeing to a very crappy loan! That is worse than a credit card. Only a sucker with no money and expensive taste would take that loan.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dboneslick View Post
    If you finance the bike at 0% interest instead of taking a 35% discount! you ARE paying interest.
    Yea, I guess I missed the OR part of the finance OR discount... I sure wouldnt pay 35% more to finance....
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am shocked all the people saying things about the price. Look at how expensive the carbon frames and they are cheap to make. I think Ti is the best kept secret . Ti use to expensive but now it is a deal.

banned
    Sep 2010
    BWAAAHAA! What's next, rent to own? This reeks of desperation.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I think 30% off with 0% financing up to 18 months would be a good deal. The 30% off prices seem like what you should pay.

They have a misleading "Lifetime warranty"

Normal wear to the frame.
    Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes frames that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
    Killing it with close inspection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast