mtbr member
    Jun 2007

looking for thoughts on the Iron Horse Warrior Expert 2006 (XC Race)

Looking for thoughts on the Iron Horse Warrior Expert 2006, it just seems like a great deal.

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....&engine=MTBR_1

However I am still undecided on weather I want a HT or FS. I have beeb riding a HT for the past 10 years and have never really felt I needed a FS bike. But looking at the IBEX Asta and Atlas has really gotten me thinking about getting one. But if I stay HT this is the way I am planning on going.

One more thing, is the pro build option from Randall Scott worth the extra cost?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Got this for my GF- I just have one word for it, especially being a HT- HEAVY!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Got this for my GF- I just have one word for it, especially being a HT- HEAVY!!
    Do you have any idea how heavy, and what frame size did you get for your GF?

I just want to be able to compare it to my current bike. I don't race and weight has really never been a concearn for me. For that matter I don't even know what my bike weights. Guess I need to break out the scale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I bought a small frame for her- I think it's a 15". The stupid thing weighs more than my FS that weighs close to 29 lbs. The components are definitely not the lightest but not the heaviest either. It has to be the frame. One look at it and I knew it was going to be heavy. Then I picked it up and was unpleasantly surprised. It's basically the frame- it's an overbuilt frame that is overbuilt in areas that it really doesn't need to be. I'm not sure it is it that strong since it is the weld quality that matters most.

It's just stupidity to have a XC HT at over 30 lbs. I'll switch the frame the first chance I get. They don't list the weight on the site for a reason. They do for many other bikes but not this one. I made the mistake of assuming it would be around 25-26 lbs. If you're going to pay a weight penalty, do it if you jump or if you need a FS- then it's worth it. I feel bad making her lug around this thing. It's fine in flat land but I just moved to CO and she will be riding it here in a couple of weeks and the long climbs on a 32 lb (feels like it)HT will probably turn her off riding

I'll see if I can weigh it. If I find a decent scale, I'll find out for sure.

Bike Geek

maverick 5.5

If thats the weight, and it is for your girlfriend, this may be a better buy:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=3050

Lower grade of drivetrain, but in same weight category. If she will not be racing but just just casual riding, should be a good deal for about $350.
    RIP AL DAVIS