mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Looking for a new Dirt Jumper

Hi,
    I'm a ex BMX'er (yeah yeah yeah whatever) I have definatly grown out of my BMX now after 7+ years of using them, now looking for something more stable, but light in the air like a bmx, I have been Dirt Jumping for as long as I've had my bmx and I've been jumping a mates trails who has a MTB DJer. Now looking into having my own. I do have XP in MTB as I also have a trails bike but I now just want a dirt jumper.

These two have really jumped out at me, I have around 500-600 to spend on this.

Specialized p1 2011 (Will have to upgrade the forks to a 80-100mm)
    Specialized P1 2011 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

and the Saracen Amplitude CR2 (Apprently heavy but alright in the air)
    Specialized P1 2011 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

Or the 2012 P1

Specialized P.1 2012 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

Opinions?? Or suggestions to a solid Dirt Jumper thats light, SINGLE SPEED. and I'm 6"3 so Ima need good sized bike.

PEACE, Rupert.

mtbr member
    You'll have better luck in the Urban/DJ/Park forum...but I'd suggest a Specialized P.Fix
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

sandbagger
    your links were dead but the p1 is a good dj bike. I think you should rephrase your question to what you're looking for more as like a long wheelbase a low bottom bracket and a steep head angle or not. That will help you find something better suited for your style.

They all fly well as they are all dirtjumpers and they all weigh pretty close (frame only) But from bmx they have a high bottom bracket a rise from axle to axle where as dj have a drop from the axle to axle. Some chainstays are super short some are long. see what you are comfortable with and go from there. If you ever want custom hit me up our link is in my signature.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes