mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Kona Explosif 2001

Hello
    I wonder if any of you can help me? On my travels looking for a hardtail frame for winter ( you need these in England), I managed to find a 2001 Kona Explosif scandium frame and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these or even rides one? i am trying to find out stuff like what length of fork it can take and what sort of riding they were originaly designed for, my other bikes a 5spot so its mainly trail riding.

Cheers Moz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOZWAFC
    Hello
    I wonder if any of you can help me? On my travels looking for a hardtail frame for winter ( you need these in England), I managed to find a 2001 Kona Explosif scandium frame and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these or even rides one? i am trying to find out stuff like what length of fork it can take and what sort of riding they were originaly designed for, my other bikes a 5spot so its mainly trail riding.

Cheers Moz
    The explosif has always been their top of the line race/xc hardtail (except for when they had ti models). I forgot they made 'em in aluminum for a while... Until recently, they were designed around an 70-80mm travel fork.
    here's a link to check out http://www.konaworld.com/2k_main.cfm
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]