mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Klein XV Attitude vs. Trek 8500 vs. Gary Fisher Zigguriat

Which oen should I buy? I'll be doing XC racing, I'm have big rider. 6 foot 4, 210 pounds, and I ride bikes hard. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Pete

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Man that's a tough one....

the problem is that the differences between the three can be very subtle. While bascally built by the same company, Trek. The bikes have very individual ride and handling characteristics, but as stated they are subtle. I find the Kliens to be quick both in handling and accelration, but rather harsh to ride. The Trek has a more neutral feel, but is still plenty quick, but with a little more supple ride. The Fishers seem to handle a tad slower, but be a bit more stable, not to the point of being sluggish, just a little more tame. I personally lean toward the Trek bikes for geometry and fit, but that's personal preference.

The best advice that I can give you is see if you can test ride each bike. If you are the least bit experienced with racing hard tails you'll be able to tell the difference. This will go further to helping you make up your mind than any amount advice you'd get here.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks bro.

Pete

Collector of Scars
    Feb 2006
    I'm partial to the Klein, and if you're doing racing, I think that's the way you're gonna wanna go. The Attitude Comp I have is quick handling, torsionally stiff, responsive and quick to accelerate. All around a great ride. And especially if you're competing, I doubt you'll find it overly harsh.

Just a thought.

Ross
    "I don't wanna die without any scars. So come on, let's do it before I lose my nerve" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They all are very good bikes. All seem to have lifetime frame warranty, good.

GF is like $1100.00 more than the others and specs don't seem worth it, so that ones out.

Trek has a better component line than the Klein at the same price point, so if it were my $$$ I'd get the Trek.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroy
    They all are very good bikes. All seem to have lifetime frame warranty, good.

GF is like $1100.00 more than the others and specs don't seem worth it, so that ones out.

Trek has a better component line than the Klein at the same price point, so if it were my $$$ I'd get the Trek.
    The Ziggy has a carbon seat and chain stays so it should be the most supple of them all, but $1100 seems like way too much of a premium for a carbon rear end. If it is $1100 more than the 8500 you might as well get a full carbon 9.8 Elite.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Take a look at the Kona Primo. I am 6 ft 250 and it is moving my butt just fine. $1999

mtbr member

Klein is the way to go..........

I personally have tried all 3 bikes myself and I chose the Klein and I never looked back, this bike IMO (6'2" 212lbs) has outperformed all the way around (with a few upgrades of course). The frame is stiff and very responsive and I love the OS tubing , suprising light frame and awesome paint schemes. GO KLEIN Here's my steed.
    Attached Images Attached Images