Thread: KHS Alite team

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009

KHS Alite team

hello all, I am in the process of building a 2006 khs alite team. I am down to the last part of the build and need to know what diameter seatpost it takes. If I was at the shop I could figure it out myself but I am not so any help would be great.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

Texan
    I cant remember. Your gonna like that frame though. Very light and well built. I built one from scratch too. Pics are in my profile.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Awesome bike! I had on 05, and it was a 27.2. The most common. You might want to swipe a friends 27.2 and see if it fits properly. I am pretty sure that did not change. You'll have to hang on to that thing when it is done!

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    I plan on keeping this one for a while. Probably for a very long time. I thought it may be a 27.2. I may just email KHS and see if it is definately a 27.2. Its been real easy to build this bike very light. Im on track for 21.5lbs right now.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That is great! Try to post an image when you are done. Good Luck!

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    Im going to make a thread dedicated to the build after its done w/ pics and descriptions. Right now it includes:
    2006 KHS Alite team 15" frame
    FSA headset
    Truvativ GXP BB
    Forte Terra Max wheel set
    Michelin XC AT tires
    Panaracer super tubes
    Sram 970 cassette
    Sram x7 F & R derailluers
    Sram x7 shifters
    Avid Juicy 5's front and rear
    Easton ea70 stem
    Easton ea70 flat bar
    Bontrager race light saddle
    Truvativ FireX crankset
    Marzocchi X-Fly 80 Fork

Not sure if i've forgot anything right now but that is where Im at with it.
    Mountain Riders

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    Just wanted to say that I recieved an email from Gene at KHS verifying that the seatpost is indeed a 27.2mm diameter. Hope this helps some one else in the future.
    Mountain Riders