Thread: K-2 Attack 2.0

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

K-2 Attack 2.0

Hey, thanks in advance for the advice!

I am buying my first bike, looking at a used 2001 K2 Attack 2.0.

I plan to ride trails and state paorks near my house. basic/intermediate,.. I had looked at dept store bikes but now thinking I am better off getting this used k2, something with decent gear I can grow with for a few years.

Is $250-$300 too much to pay for the 2001 k2 attack 2.0? It had recent tune up and looks to be in pretty good shape(as best as I would know...)

Are there better options?

1) Your budget. $300
    2) What bikes, if any, are you already considering? a used k2 attack 2.0
    3) What type of riding do you intend to do? basic/intermediate dirt trails
    4) Do you have a preference over a hardtail or full suspension? FS
    5) Age, weight and height. 28, 6'2 220lbs
    6) What sources will you consider buying from? craigslist
    7) Do you want people to offer you alternative suggestions to issues such as budget, bikes already considered, and sources? SURE

mtbr member
    For your price range used is good, or you could always check out a few new bikes in that price range. Most Manufacturers make a 300 to 350 dollar bike. I think in the long run you may be happier on a new Hard tail rather than the almost 9 year old Full Suspension. I also think they are asking too much money for it.

Please stay away from Dept Store bikes, you wont like the results you get.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I will look into hardtail also then. What new hardtails would you suggest in the $300 price range?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdub
    I will look into hardtail also then. What new hardtails would you suggest in the $30price range?
    The only thing that I can recommend is going to a actual bike shop and riding the bikes that you can afford. After you have done that, you can simply buy the bike you like the most.

Look for Trek, Gary Fisher, Specialized, and Giant to name a few good bike companies that have bikes in your price range.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r