Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jet 9 vs Spider vs Mach 429 vs what?

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  T.W.O. 
#1 ·
Short travel alloy 29ers.

Any thoughts on the above, or any other suggestions?

#7 ·
Thanks, but I was thinking something a little less mainstream than a Trance, and it'd be an Anthem anyway :p

When I say I've not got a good record with carbon, I've utterly destroyed one carbon road frame in a crash, and had another crack; given my lack of skill I don't trust it off road...

#10 ·
I also like Santa Cruz tallboy, I also comes in alloy. If you like dw link then also check out turner.

My first bike the Cannondale raven was a carbon frame I crashed on that bike many times and never had a problem. I didn't even worry about the fact that it was a carbon bike. All that said there's no amount of money would buy you comfort so buy what you feel confidence, you'd ride more and harder:).

#11 ·
I also like Santa Cruz tallboy, I also comes in alloy. If you like dw link then also check out turner.
If the Turner Czar came in alloy, it'd be on my list. I gather the Sultan has a reputation for being a bit, well, barge-like. I hear Santa Cruz bikes have shortish top-tubes - is that true?

I'll have a look at that Rocky Mountain - thanks.

#12 ·
Yes Santa Cruz is a bit more compact than other brands similar to some Cannondale models. Tallboy offer great geometry and ride handling everyone I know who has been on the original tallboy likes it, myself included.

Speaking of less mainstream, you may want to check out the Zorro, same designer as bow-ti and silk-ti(original Ripley)http://www.castellanodesigns.com/Zorro.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.