mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Jamis Parker frame

Looking at a new FS frame, the jamis parker 1.0 frame, it weighs in at 8.3lbs. (with the rear shock) Couple questions. 1. Is 8.3lbs considered heavy for a FS frame? I'm currently on a 09 Trek 4300 frame, hardtail, any idea what my current frame weighs?

2. I'm currently riding a 16" frame. The jamis frame only comes in 15.5" and 17". I'm about 5'7, maybe 5'8, but most of my height is in my torso. Should I go for the 15.5 frame, or the 17" frame?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It's classified as a trail bike so the weight isn't too bad I guess.I have an FS that's for XC/Enduro and it weights in the 6# range.

I don't know about the size,I would compare the geometry of the Jamis with your 4300 and pick the one you think comes closest.If one is a little shorter and the other a little longer decide whether or not you want to be a little more upright or more stretched out in the cockpit.You can also do a little tweaking by using a different sized stem and/or a seat post with setback,but be careful because this will effect your steering and geometry a bit.