mtbr member

Iron Horse Warrior Elite????

hello
    i'm looking to buy my 1st mtb. i don't have a ton to spend. i found this bike for $550. any good?
    rock shox reba fork, rock shox ? shock, deore lx shifter, hydraulic discs...
    i want to do xc and a little freeride. nothing too heavy duty since i'm new to mountain biking.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    NDM:

Keep in mind that XC and freeride are just about on opposite sides of the mountai nbike spectrum. You are seeking a compromise of two extremes even if you had $5000 to spend.

That said, the Iron Horse base-level models are known for holding up to abuse pretty well. The components are decent for the price (albeit all pretty low end) but expect a pretty heavy frame.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

Portland, OR
    you wont be able to do any freeride with the ironhorse warrior frame. I did abuse mine when I still had it (2004). but if its got a reba fork, then yea for $550 thats a great deal!
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D Mack
    hello
    i'm looking to buy my 1st mtb. i don't have a ton to spend. i found this bike for $550. any good?
    rock shox reba fork, rock shox ? shock, deore lx shifter, hydraulic discs...
    i want to do xc and a little freeride. nothing too heavy duty since i'm new to mountain biking.
    thanks

Its a great deal with the Reba fork. That alone is worth about $300. You need to be the right size for the bike. If you arent at least 601 then you need to pass on it because it will be too big.

Flying Goat
    thats an awesome deal dude!!! But keep in mind thats an xc bike... but yea, good deal on it...

mtbr member
    Certainly a great deal with Reba. What is the frame size of the bike and what is your height?

mtbr member
    thanks everyone for the response. i didn't even think about the size. it's a 21" and i'm 5'9" w, a 30" inseam. probably is too big for me.
    nick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D Mack
    thanks everyone for the response. i didn't even think about the size. it's a 21" and i'm 5'9" w, a 30" inseam. probably is too big for me.
    nick
    That is a lot of frame for your height.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    hey sounds like a great deal where did you find this bike? I could take one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkenny
    hey sounds like a great deal where did you find this bike? I could take one.
    since i'm not gonna take it...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...422923424.html