mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Iron Horse 6point4

anyone ride one of these? im looking to upgrade from my hardtail to a allmountain/ light med freeride bike, and i know iron horse is going under but they have had a good reputation in the past and i found the 6point4 for 1200 bucks seems like a good deal

usually cranky
    iron hourse has gone under. they are totally gone. but from what ive heard the 6points and 7points and sundays are all really nice bikes. but stay away from the mkIII's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    iron horse is not completely gone, they were bought by a new parent company. Their new bikes will be using the ellsworth suspension design, not the DW-link as before. Warranty/replacement parts are still questionable, but Iron Horse is still going to be making good bikes. For what it's worth, I decided to buy the 6point4 from rscycles as well just because it was such a stupid deal... Haven't been able to ride it yet, it won't stop snowing here but it's a beefy frame with mostly nice stuff on it.

usually cranky
    that good to hear! i always liked iron horses although what really attracted me to them was the dw link. congrats on a sick bike!