Solo42

New question here. Intense SS Slopestyle

I'm currently building my "dream bike", and am researching the best parts I can afford. On the matter of chain guides, I've elected to go with E-13, since I've had a DRS that worked flawlessly. I plan to spec a single chain ring and want to go with the SRS, but I'm hearing that for the Slope Style frame, I will require the SRS-W (wide) to clear the "dropped" chain stay. Can anyone validate this claim? Also, what is the difference between the SRS and SRS system? I have seen them advertised as if they are a different product. While we're at it, would anyone be so kind as to recommend a brake system that won't brake my piggy bank, but will perform better than my Hayes XC-9? I want a system that won't require a phd in physics to service myself. Thank you in advance, my fellow dirt monkeys.

mtbr member
    Huh? Am I the only person offended by the use of mysterious abbreviations. Yes, Manny, I know you are smarter then me cause you know something that I don't. I'm not worthy.

So just for laughs, what does SRS stand for? DRS? Its probably best to spell out an abbreviation in any communication When First Used (WFU).

What is a Slope Style frame? Is that a brand name, or the definition of a frame with a steeply angled top tube? Sorry, I'm just not receiving your message very well.

And why again is this posting in the frame builders forum? Are you asking questions about chain guides? Are you asking questions about brakes? Are you asking questions about your bike's frame design? Would your succinct questions be more appropriate for another forum?

thanks (& no offense intended)
    zip.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    This post doesn't belong in frame building, as you are not building a frame from tubing... I'll answer it anyways.

Your abreviations were fine, most people that can help will understand them.

Pm Philip, the e-13 guy, about compatibility. He'll help you in under a week. Or you could email him(find contact info on the website).

But, I'm sure that an LG1+ will fit it, because it can adjust between narrow and wide. And it's lighter. When was the last time a rock hit the top of your chainring, you don't need a whole bash ring.

Edit: Brakes. Personal preference. Period. If you wan't something really nice, go with the elixers, haven't heard one bad thing about them. You have an intense frame, you've got money ; )

Solo42
    Quote Originally Posted by zipzit
    Huh? Am I the only person offended by the use of mysterious abbreviations. Yes, Manny, I know you are smarter then me cause you know something that I don't. I'm not worthy.

So just for laughs, what does SRS stand for? DRS? Its probably best to spell out an abbreviation in any communication When First Used (WFU).

What is a Slope Style frame? Is that a brand name, or the definition of a frame with a steeply angled top tube? Sorry, I'm just not receiving your message very well.

And why again is this posting in the frame builders forum? Are you asking questions about chain guides? Are you asking questions about brakes? Are you asking questions about your bike's frame design? Would your succinct questions be more appropriate for another forum?

thanks (& no offense intended)
    zip.
    Lol...If you're offended by abbreviations, you're pretty thin skinned. I'll spare you the details, since it is apparent I've stumbled on the wrong forum. I am putting together a frame; however, it is already "built"; That is, I am assembling the components on the frame. I will give you some advice, Mr. ZipZit, you may heed it, or not...if you intend to engage in bicycle frame building, it would behoove you to learn about the components, their abbreviations and the frame's you're building intended application. e.g. freeride, downhill, SLOPE STYLE, etc. (none taken!)

Solo42

... and if we just ... Wrong forum!

Sorry about the confusion! but thanks for the advice, anyway. Now I just need to find the forum for guys putting together frames, not fabricating them!