mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Impressions and opinions on these ones?

So I'm about to buy a new frame to build a new bike from scratch, and I've got about five to seven hundred dollars allocated for the frame. I thought about buying the following:

- Banshee AMP DJ 2012
    - Banshee AMP Mike Montgomery
    - Niner Air 9 29Er 2012

Also, I would want to hear your opinion on the looks. What colors should it be? I'd go for a green/orange and black. And what parts would go with these? Need some advice on this one.

mtbr member
    I would buy the Air 9 because the other to frames are Dirt Jumper frames. I am also partial to Niners brand. I like the Niner in black and orange.

Niner Air 9 29Er Frame 2012 > Components > Frames > Mountain Bike frames | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

The build is totally up to you and your budget. The only things that you have to be specific with is you need a for that has a tapered head tube(I would go with a 100mm fox float F29), and you need a crankset with a press fit bottom bracket.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    I would buy the Air 9 because the other to frames are Dirt Jumper frames. I am also partial to Niners brand. I like the Niner in black and orange.

Niner Air 9 29Er Frame 2012 > Components > Frames > Mountain Bike frames | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

The build is totally up to you and your budget. The only things that you have to be specific with is you need a for that has a tapered head tube(I would go with a 100mm fox float F29), and you need a crankset with a press fit bottom bracket.
    +1, I have a Niner SIR9, they are pretty good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks guys! That's gonna be my choice. It's gonna leave me some room for more expensive parts if I need it. I wanted to buy the Niner straight away, but just thought about hearing some other voices, just to make sure. I'll hook you up when I buy it. Also, I'll get a 100mm fox float F29, thanks again!