Zero Miles from Myself

ibex Ignition 2 same as Mongoose Wing Elite ??

Check this out. Look closely at these frames - geometry only.

Does it look like the Mongoose Wing Elite and the Ibex Ignition 2 are the exact same Frame?? The look Darn Close to me.

I was strongely considering the Ibex Ignition 2, but if this is correct there are some serious deals on these Mongoose 2006 models right now.

Ibex Ignition 2 (click on the 1200x800 link)

Mongoose Wing Elite

Thanks for the insight
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    This has alreadt been pointed out. They are very similar with maybe a few differences in cabling but thats it.

Ps the ign2 is spec'd better, but 350 vs 630 could be the big deciding factor.

On the ibex you get alivio/deore/hayes/marzocchi

instead of acera/tektro/spinner level components

If you know your going to eventually upgrade, get the ibex.

If know what kind of riding you'll do you know your choice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    So which would you buy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If you need performance and ride regularly probably the Ignition 2.

I ride like two weekends a month cus i have school, swimteam, etc etc..
    The wing would be is fine for that.

Former Bike Wrench
    Yes, both are very similar frame designs...KHS used to have one that looked identical as well. But I'd get the Ibex because as taikuodo has already mentioned...the parts spec is far superior...even to the Wing Super...IMO

Zero Miles from Myself
    Quote Originally Posted by taikuodo
    If know what kind of riding you'll do you know your choice.
    I am a middle aged, post heart attack (6 months ago), type A personality that was huge into BMX back in the mid 70s and raced all over South East FL.

My head still thinks it can take 20 foot drops and climbs and such ... BUT ALAS, my body is no longer willing (at least not as willing as it use to be). And a go over the handle bars does not shake off like it use to

So ... my riding style has been reduced to once or maybe twice a week (if I am lucky) with a heart rate between 135 and 160 bpm. I really do not like "red" trails and much perfer zipping along on winding smooth trails with some climbs and fast drops. I have a nice 3/4 mile loop I found in the woods next to my house that keeps me in shape for when i find places to ride. But I do not want a FS bike that "pogo sticks" on me or sucks up 1/3 of my peddel stroke's power. A budget FS bike may not even give me what I am looking for given my riding style.

I am in full agreement that the Ibex Ignition 2 is the way better speced bike, but I am a cost cutter. Yet on the other hand, I just do not want to waste my money on something that would be a step backwards from what I already have. It may be even "smarter" to stay with my 1997 LX equipted Barracuda A2e HT ... but it is in need of some serious upgrades (as you might imagine).

I want a new bike, maybe even a FS Bike for a softer ride .... but do not want a junky / cheep feel.

So in considering a bike ... will this frame design be a "pogo sticker". And / or would the Mongoose feel cheep because of the components?
    Last edited by mrm1; 04-22-2007 at 07:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Your an experienced rider, go with the Ibex.

The mongoose's great entry level but you are already skilled/veteran.. shouldn't be riding on a crappy fork/brakes/deraillers

The fork is around the level of RST gila t7/ RS judy J1..

overall, the suspension is better than walmart crap by far but its nothing high end