bay area CA

i need a new stubby stem. any suggestions?

hey all, im in the market for a new stem. im a fairly short person, im abotu 5'7'', but i have a 6'3'' wingspan so when i got my bike i got a 21" top tube length, and a 2' stem. i like this type of setup because my arms are long and this gives me a little room. the thing is, is when i first got my hardtail, i was more into riding BMX, and i was using my hardatil mostly for exercise purposes, and the extra length worked for me on that front, but now that im getting diving into some pretty involving trails and developing my technical skills, im thinking about shortening up my stem to see if it will give me a little more control.

my main questions are whether you MTB vets think that shortening up my stem to a stubby would give me more control in technical sections of trails, and if so, anyone have any suggestions on what type of stem i should be looking at? ive been riding bikes for 20 years so i understand the basics and science behind components, i just need a little point in the right direction in the MTB world as i dont know much about brands here. when i was looking at stems online, i didnt even know easton made bike parts! thanks in advance guys.

mtbr member
    I have a 35mm Easton Havoc and love it.