mtbr member
    Mar 2004

How to contact Jamis Bikes?

Does anyone know Jamis Bikes email or phone contact numbers?

Their web site has only one contact name in Australia and the phone number has been disconected - not a good sign.

Any info would be great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTree

Their web site has only one contact name in Australia and the phone number has been disconected - not a good sign.

Any info would be great.
    This off the back of my owner's manual.

P.O. BOX 100
    Northvale, NJ 07647

Tel: (201) 768-9050
    Fax: (201) 768-9520

Chrome Toaster
    Get on your knee's and pray... seriously. Its nearly impossible sometimes. You need to get a dealer to contact them and even then it will be difficult. I tried contacting them directly a few years back to get some parts for a 99 Dakar Pro and was completely unsuccessful. Ended up basically selling the Fox Float with a freebie frame attached to it in need of some repairs. A couple of months back someone I know tried to get warranty for a cracked Dakar Expert and the same thing happened. Fortunately the frame was bought from JensonUSA who took the frame and dealt with their warranty department. Jamis kept giving the the runaround for months. Jenson finally took matters into their own hands and was cool enough to send a replacement frame from their own stock and deal with Jamis later.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus
    Get on your knee's and pray... seriously. Its nearly impossible sometimes. You need to get a dealer to contact them and even then it will be difficult. I tried contacting them directly a few years back to get some parts for a 99 Dakar Pro and was completely unsuccessful. Ended up basically selling the Fox Float with a freebie frame attached to it in need of some repairs. A couple of months back someone I know tried to get warranty for a cracked Dakar Expert and the same thing happened. Fortunately the frame was bought from JensonUSA who took the frame and dealt with their warranty department. Jamis kept giving the the runaround for months. Jenson finally took matters into their own hands and was cool enough to send a replacement frame from their own stock and deal with Jamis later.
    I had really good CS from Jamis in the fall of '02:

I snapped the chainstay/dropout on my '95 steel Dakota, I called Jamis and got through no problem, they gave me the name of a dealer in the area I moved to. The dealer took it back no fuss at all, and had the replacement in two weeks. I even rode with the Jamis regional rep the following spring. Great guy, kicked major ass on a Dakota no less. In the past, I've never had any trouble getting them on the line for ts questions.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Bite Me.

Jamis Contact

Quote Originally Posted by BigTree

Any info would be great.
    The last information I had was as follows: 800-222-0570 or 201-768-9050

The mail address was - G. Joannou Bicycle Company, Inc. 151 Ludlow Avenue Northvale NJ 07647. I had to contact them about a broken seatstay and warranty replacement on a new chainstay. This was in late 2002 though. If you get a eastern european sounding dude (ivan or something like that) that's who you want to deal with - he makes it happen there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks and Talk to the hand CS from Jamis

Well thanks everyone for the info, I called the NJ number and a very nice lady gave me the number of their guy who looks after international sales. So I called him and guess what, I was hardly halfway through introducing myself and the turkey hung up on me. I couldnít believe it (talk to the hand). I tried calling back but he had switched his answering machine on.

I know it might not have been a convenient time for him but the least he could have done is a) not answer the phone or b) ask me to call back.

Anyway based on the sometimes questionable CS I have been reading about I have decided to rule this brand out of my choices.

Thanks for the kind help and I feel sorry for Mr Jamis whoever the hell he is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wish you the best of luck. I called Jamis direct and they were totally useless. Obviously just a desk and phone somewhere in New Jersey that only gets to work when the tugboat from Taiwan pulls into dock.

Jamis has dink donked around for 2.5 months getting the right part to me. If they don't totally forget to ship the part, they ship the wrong part.

Every Jamis dealer I've spoken to say they love the products but hate the customer service. I am not anti-Taiwan (love Giant's customer service), but I will never go out of my way to buy or recommend a Jamis to anyone no matter the value.

If I had to do it again, I would have paid more to buy something with better after-the-sale service (and I'm a cheap SOB!).

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Egg on my face

Well arenít I the idiot with egg on his face.

Mark the rep from Jamis did get back to me via e-mail and I had forgotten the c) option, which was, I could hear him but he couldnít hear me.

Any way, my sincerest apology to Mark and here is a copy of his e-mail to help any other Aussies with the same problem I had.

I saw the Jamis Dakar on a recent trail ride, it looks really cool thatís why I am keen to have a closer look at it in the controlled environment of an actual retail outlet.

Sorry again Mark for being such an impatient person.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sir,
    I received your message on my cell phone. I apologize that our receptionist had given you the incorrect number. This cell number is a NYC number and I am currently in California. The cell reception was terrible where I was and it usually cuts out. When you called I could not hear you. If you need to reach me in the future I can be reached at 831 427 0675.
    Our bicycles are now distributed through a distributor in NZ. If you contact them they will be able to help you locate the closest dealer to you.
    Address:
    113 Maleme street
    Tauranga
    New Zealand
    Telephone:
    Office: 64 7 54 11 225
    Thank you,

Ride, Sleep, Work
    Quote Originally Posted by slomoking View Post
    This off the back of my owner's manual.

P.O. BOX 100
    Northvale, NJ 07647