mtbr member
    May 2005

Ho much is a Kona Pahoehoe 2001 worth now?

Hi,
    unfortunatly I had to sell my bike a few months ago due to financial problems... all is better though and I want to buy a new bike. Now I came accross my old bike on ebay and though I would bid on it.. but how much is it acctually worth?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

can anyone tell me otherwise I will not get my hopes up in winning this

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Hmmm...now that's a tough one...

Quote Originally Posted by germanjulian
    Hi,
    unfortunatly I had to sell my bike a few months ago due to financial problems... all is better though and I want to buy a new bike. Now I came accross my old bike on ebay and though I would bid on it.. but how much is it acctually worth?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

can anyone tell me otherwise I will not get my hopes up in winning this
    because there is sentimental value there to I would think. Or at least it sounds like it a bit anyway. There are no hard and fast calculations for pricing, but from the description and the pictures I would say no more than 350 sterling and that is taking into consideration sentimental value as well. At the current bid it is already at or slightly above the max that I would pay for it. You have to consider that the frame is 4 years old, the components are all used, some are also dated, and there is no warranty. Something that may not mean anything to you since it is your old bike. But, do you know how the person you sold it to treated it. I would consider long and hard before getting to wound up about your old Kona. Granted it was your's, but would it be worth it, or would a new bike be better in the long run? Besides, I'd watch that biding for a couple of days, it looks like the two that are at it now my push that price a bit higher yet. Might be a minor bidding war in the offing from the looks of it. Personally I would wish the old girl the best and go in search of a new Kona to love. Just my 2 cents.

Good Dirt

mtbr member
    May 2005
    thanks for the advice...
    and old bike as in model not exactly my old bike that would be funny