mtbr member

help too many bikes!

So Ive been given orders to get lean up the fleet... What im not so sure about is what should go and what stays so I'd be thankful if I can get opinions as to what I really need. My riding shedule is quite mixed, most of the bike use goes into urban commuting, some weekend XC/trail type rides (though I still havent passed the mental barrier in getting some 'proper air'), the odd club ride and even more rare grassroots cross race. IMO I should either keep the crosser (tricross) and full suspension (SC superlight) or the touring/road bike (roubaix) and 29er hardtail (vassago chupacabra)...
    Last edited by mozami; 04-10-2011 at 01:32 PM.

mtbr member
    How many parts do you have? Enough that you could take a bike apart and hide it with the extras? Thats what I do when I need to make one vanish.
    owner, Holmes Bikes

mtbr member
    Tried that bbut Ive got spare sets of wheels and tyres plus some 'work in progress projects' that makes it difficult to hide it all.. looks like a workshop in here!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    buy a shed from home depot.

Seriously. That's not a joke. You aren't going to commute on your fs. You aren't going to use the 29er on the road. If you really ride that diversified you need the FS for the rough stuff, 29er hardtail for the fast stuff, commuter for the work ride, and road bike for the road ride of course. Maybe you could use the road bike to commute and drop the 29er for the FS. But I wouldn't.

Get a shed.