mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Help identifying this bike. Please help

I purchased this bike today at a garage sale for $20. It is in pretty rough shape but the frame is nice. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the bike as I cant find anything online. It is a Gary Fisher and says Wahoo on it. It has a model number of SB-6102:1. Anyone have an idea of what type of bike it is? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help identifying this bike.  Please help-20120414_163621.jpg  

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ourkidney View Post
    I purchased this bike today at a garage sale for $20. It is in pretty rough shape but the frame is nice. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the bike as I cant find anything online. It is a Gary Fisher and says Wahoo on it. It has a model number of SB-6102:1. Anyone have an idea of what type of bike it is? Thanks in advance for your help.
    It is exactly what the decals say: a Gary Fisher Wahoo, lower level mtb. Headset/stem dates to early '90s
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Im gonna say mid to late 90's Gary Fisher Wahoo. Not a bad bike at all just spec'd low. I believe it uses the same frame as the higher end models and is from when Gary Fisher was still independent well before Trek absorbed the brand. Fisher made some great frames especially from steel which im sure yours is and they will last forever as long as they are not abused. My 06 Fisher is still going strong even after some hard riding.

mtbr member
    I'm geussing mid 80's?? I still ride an old Fisher from '85, but it has a seatpost collar. Everything else looks similar. Mine came with canti-brakes but others had V's. Is that a kick-stand mount I see ?!? lol
    Only if I got paid to hang out in my garage and tweak on my bikes...

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbassangler View Post
    I'm geussing mid 80's?? I still ride an old Fisher from '85, but it has a seatpost collar. Everything else looks similar. Mine came with canti-brakes but others had V's. Is that a kick-stand mount I see ?!? lol
    I think you mean 90's and your bike the Hookooeekoo is 95 or so. You are definitely off a decade there.

What Shiggy said is in regards to the fact that it has a 1 1/4" headset that is threaded and a quill stem. That dates it to Gary Fishers oversized era and when lower end bikes had threaded headsets and upper end bikes were using aheadset/threadless headsets like now.

With a tensioner it would make a killer singlespeed.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I think you mean 90's and your bike the Hookooeekoo is 95 or so. You are definitely off a decade there.

What Shiggy said is in regards to the fact that it has a 1 1/4" headset that is threaded and a quill stem. That dates it to Gary Fishers oversized era and when lower end bikes had threaded headsets and upper end bikes were using aheadset/threadless headsets like now.

With a tensioner it would make a killer singlespeed.
    HAHA! I must have lost 10 years somewhere along the line! You're right. I bought the HooKoo in '96 or '97. Makes more sense to me now that I'm sober
    Only if I got paid to hang out in my garage and tweak on my bikes...

Former Bike Wrench
    Base model, strait gauge cro-mo (maybe even some Hi-Tensile), make a good commuter but not really intended for anything more than gravel paths.

Members who have read this thread: 0