mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Help with a FS rig

I am finally getting around to picking up a FS rig. I currently ride an Access XCL frame and am going to transfer most of the components on to the new rig. My budget for frame and shock is around 700. I consider myself an aggressive XC rider and have the intention of getting back into racing later this fall. I am also 6' 1" and weigh 185lbs. Also I need to stick with a 26" wheeled frame

Currently I am considering the Large Sette Ace with Monarch 3.3 from Price point (479), Large '08 Titus RX-1 with manitou Radium (699), and also a 19" Kona Four Deluxe with a RS Ario 2.2 (640).

All of these frames are one form of a 4 bar link from what I can tell. I have heard that the Sette and Kona might experience some brake jack given the pivot point located on the seat stay, is this true? I am open to suggestions if anyone has some better deals to point out. Thanks

mtbr member
    I haven't heard anyone complain about brake jacking with the Ace. From the info I find it is pretty common on most FS frames.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bump for any opinions on any of these three frames?

There's no app for this.

thoughts...

Kona uses a 4 bar suspension affectionately also known as "faux" bar. Since the rear chainstay is fixed from the BB to the rear axle, it is a single pivot bike regardless of how many pivot points it has. It can have brake jack under heavy braking on steeper descents which might cause some rear tire skipping on bumps, but other than that, no issues.

Sette I don't know about, sorry, Jim

AZ
    banned
    Titus ftw.