mtbr member
    Jun 2013

!!HELP!! Anyone know anything about this frame??

!!HELP!! Anyone know anything about this frame??-image.jpgCan anyone identify this frame and tell me who the manufacturer and level of quality?? Please and thank you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    What I do know is that it's a full carbon main and sub frame with aluminum lugs, other than that I have no clue who the manufacturer is or what the level of quality is.... Upon inspection it looks pretty decent, workmanship is satisfactory, nice and tight, the rear shock is some janky Taiwanese or Chinese cheap-o unit, other than that, I don't know anything else about it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My first thought is it is a copy of a well known old classic single pivot design from Cannondale.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Looks like the love child of a Cannondale Super V and a Trek Y bike.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    !!HELP!! Anyone know anything about this frame??-image.jpg

I know... It looks similar to both of them, but its def. not, it has the huge ACOCA lettering on it, but I surly have no clue who they are, but it also has TRIGON Carbon Composite decals on several places,. the main and subframe.. and their stuff is super nice.. But I've checked their website and google images and have not been able to run across another one... At all. I already own it, and I'm gonna build it for sure, I think it's a pretty *****in rig, i just don't know anything about it....

mtbr member
    How much does she weigh?

mtbr member
    Google helped me
    Trigon makes a lot of OEM carbon fiber forks/frames. A lot of people riding carbon fiber road bikes/forks are probably riding trigon frames. They are/were based out of Taiwan.

Acoca, as far as I can tell is a sub brand of Wei (or Willing) industrial co. of Taiwan and CHina that was intended to be used in their entry into the Chinese bicycle market. You see Acoca bikes in some Chinese OEM parts catalogs, as generic bikes to hang Shimano parts off of.

That mountain bike design is at least 10 years old, maybe more
    That shock looks old
    That bottom bracket looks like an older square taper

Conclusion:
    It is a carbon fiber bike made from old suspension design made at a carbon fiber bike factory in China or Taiwan. I have no idea when it was built, and I have no idea the quality of the frame. The shock will probably be difficult to replace/repair if it breaks.

mtbr member
    It looks like a pretty nice frame anyways if it is from Taiwan or China, most major brands are made in Taiwan anyways so its probably a decent bike, you could always post it over in the Vintage Retro Classic forum see what they say.
    1985 Ritchey Timber Comp
    1985 Ritchey Ascent
    1987 Ritchey Timberwolf

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Well I finished it...TRIGON Full Suspension Carbon Fiber Main frame and swingarm with alimin lugs, FOX TALAS RL forks, FOX TRIAD rear shock, XTR rear, XT cranks, LX front, Juicy7 brakes, and according to my bathroom scale with me by myself, then me and my bike, she weights 25lbs... Seems kinda like alot for a full carbon bike with all the nice **** on it :/ eh, oh well, I think it turned out pretty cool