Thread: Help!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Help!

Just got rid of my first bike ( Specialized FSR Xc) and am in the market for a new full suspension.. I have horrible stamina that is only getting worse because of health issues and need something that is going to be an awesome climber so I'm not left behind, but can eat up all the good ish on way down. I'd be doing mostly XC but do love the extra travel the All Mountain bikes have.. The FSR was a good bike but i grew out of it and the xfusion pos rear shock was awful.

Are the All Mountain bikes pretty light these days? My budget is around $1500-2000. I"m 6'2" 220 lbs. I'm leaning towards a Stumpy even though I've never ridden one.. suggestions? Used/new?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Basically what you are asking for does not exist. A bike that is good for XC, but has all the travel of an AM bike. One that climbs easily but goes downhill easily also. You can either get a bike that does both okay, one that does one good and the other acceptably, or one that does one great and the other poorly. So basically to answer your question requires that you really decide exactly what you want the bike to do.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1