Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help 04 or 05 Gemini....long post

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  spacoli 
#1 ·
I need help I have a decision to make. I have a Cannodale Prophet coming through warranty from one Cannondale dealer. I asked today if they could use that as a credit and sell me a 05 Gemini. Well they can. Original price they give me a couple days ago for a 05 900 was $1800. Today with the Prophet credit, the price is now $1300. A pretty good deal.

I have another Cannondale dealer that has a 04 Gemini 900 that he will sell me for $1550.
What I was planning on doing before I asked for the credit on the Prophet, was selling the frame and putting it towards the 04 Gemini. I'm not sure how much I could get for it, but it would definitly bring the cost of the 04 down below the cost of the 05.

Now with that all said, are differences between the 04 and 05 justify spending more money (est $250 after the sale of the new Prophet frame , if I got $500 for it) on the 05.
Should I even bother to go through the trouble getting and trying to sell the frame.

-The differences between the two bikes that I know of are:
-Fox Vannila R (pedalpro felt good on my test ride) vs. Manitou Metel R (stable platform shock)
-Manitou Breakout TPC vs. Manitou Breakout TPC 1.5" 130-170mm
-Cannondale Wind disc rear vs.Formula 12 mm Disc rear
-Shimano M545 vs. Cannondale Grind EX Platform
-Shimano LX vs. SRAM X-7 Trigger
-Shimano XT vs. SRAM X-7
-Cannondale Freeride vs. FSA FR-330, 40 mm rise bars
-Cannondale OnePointFive vs. Cannondale Holy OnePointFive 31.8 stem
-FSA OnePointFive vs. FSA OnePointFive cartridge headset
-TruVatiV ISIS splined vs TruVatiV ISIS DH bottom bracket

What I like on the 04 is the Fox rear shock felt good pedaling (no bob), not sure how the Manitou will be, if anyone has any input on this it would be great......I like the Shimano clipless platform style pedals.

What I like on the 05 (just looking at the specs.) ......the Formula 12 mm Disc rear.....the FSA FR-330, 40 mm rise bars and I'm sure Cannondale has a beefed up version of there stem but I'm not sure......the TruVatiV ISIS DH bottom bracket not sure if that is change from 04 or they just left the DH off there specs.........FSA OnePointFive cartridge headset once again C-dale might have left the cartridge off the specs. for 04

Please help and give me your pros and cons on the difference of the year and the price difference between the two.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.