mtbr member
    May 2008

Harvey Cycles!?!?!

I did a google search and forum search to see if I could find anything on them. The most resent stuff I can find was from 2006. Anyone hear or know any resent news on this bike maker? The prices are VERY reasonable. Justs wondering about about build quality and technologies used.

http://www.harveycycles.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I don't know anything about them either,but they look nice.Did you give up on getting the Mongoose Canaan Elite or are you still trying to decide what to get?I bought an Canaan Team frame from www.rbikes.com for $500,not bad considering it came with a Fox RP23 shock the FSA headset and clamp.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I am holding out until the 09s are released. Maybe can find a sweet deal in Aug or Sept.

Maybe I can collect enough money for something else. One thing I have for sure decided is 5 inch travel in both the front and back. So that cut out the canaan. And mongoose doesn't make their AM bikes in XL 21-22 inch. I am starting to consider a build but am a bit worried with this being my first true build. I have disassembled components and what not, but have no clue on all the nuances that go into building a bike.

I think I have researched all the bikes out their to death so I decided I am just beating a dead horse. I would really like to get the GT Force 1.0 but have to wait for the prices to drop a hair lower. That bike really put a smile on my face. Others made me smile but I was scared away with the price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I've seen the GT force 1.0,it's a very,very nice looking bike and if it fits you a better deal for you.No harm in researching as much as possible and holding out for the best possible bike for you,I had forgotten you were a giant.I wish I had that kind of patience,but I'm happy with the Canaan team frame as it fits and will be light and a decent deal for a custom build($2200).

Be sure to post pictures when you decide,I love seeing other persons rides even if they are better then mine and I get jealous.Especially if it's the GT Force 1.0,I would really like to see some good pics of it.

Good luck.

Chris