mtbr member
    Oct 2010

GT Zaskar LE 1999 Team 20"

Hi,

so I got this amazing frame a few weeks ago and now I want to built it up. Since I'm originally from Dirt and Street biking I need some suggestions what I should put on this bike.

I thought: Complete shimano Saint
    Brakes: HS33 rear, julie fr front

I need help for the fork. I always had good experiences with Rock Shox but I have no clue what to put on this bike and I'm open for other brands. Additionally I need some help for the rims. I need stuff which is kind of unbreakable but with which with could also go out for a long ride.

Thanks....

Former Bike Wrench
    Saint seems excessive for what is essentially a XC frame...might consider SLX or XT. I wouldn't exceed 100mm travel on the fork, the frame was designed around 80mm originally. Unbreakable is as much based on you as the fork. If you ride the bike with the original intent in mind (XC, Trail) then most forks short of a full on race model will be pretty reliable. If you ride it like the Saint group you are considering is designed for...the frame will fail just as likely as a fork.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Saint seems excessive for what is essentially a XC frame...might consider SLX or XT. I wouldn't exceed 100mm travel on the fork, the frame was designed around 80mm originally. Unbreakable is as much based on you as the fork. If you ride the bike with the original intent in mind (XC, Trail) then most forks short of a full on race model will be pretty reliable. If you ride it like the Saint group you are considering is designed for...the frame will fail just as likely as a fork.
    Agreed. Thats an XC frame. Build it up that way.