mtbr member
    Apr 2010

GT Sensor 2.0 vs Giant Anthem x2

Need help to decide beetwen these two. GT I can buy nearly twice cheaper. Unfortunately there are no reviews for Sensor yet and there are a lot of very good reveiws for X2.

My requirements to a bike are:

- very comfortable and cushy suspension especially the back one on uneven surface
    - very comfortable ride with min. fatigugue. My type of riding is 2-4 hours of everyday ride in country arears, forests with even uphills and downhills. No agressive riding, jumping, competing
    - reliability of bike components and easy service
    - maximum fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Personally I love the I-drive system and the Sensor is bascially like the 09 non-carbon marathon same travel specs. I'm not sure if you are interested but Performancebike.com has some great deals on 08 and 08 marathons carbon and non carbon. Check it out

2009 GT Marathon Carbon Pro Mountain Bike

Regular: $4,299.99
    SALE: $2,999.00

2009 GT Marathon Carbon Expert Mountain Bike

Regular: $3,199.99
    SALE: $1,999.00

2008 GT Marathon Pro Carbon Cross Country Full Suspension Mountain Bike

Regular: $3,499.99
    SALE: $2,699.00

2008 GT Marathon 2.0 Mountain Bike

Regular: $1,799.99
    SALE: $1,399.00

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...egoryId=400308

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I can buy Sensor 2.0 for USD 1.600 (do you find this price good?) but the more important point is still to find out some info why I shall do it instead of buying X2

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I think thats a good price for it. The Giant is more of a trendy name in my opinion kind of like trek to fuji. For the GT the i-driver system is very smooth, limited pedal bob especially with a pro pedal rear shock with lock out. They are also very easy to work on and in my opinion have better pedal feedback. The GT is a better bang for your buck and with the money you save you can always buy more upgrades if you wanted. The giant isnt a bad bike as its prooven to be good but either would be fine for what you want them for. The Giant probably has a better re-sale value. Really it depends on what feels best for you because both have a different feel to them.

AZ
    banned
    The Giant Maestro Suspension is hands down one of the finest rear suspensions available . You would being yourself a huge diservice if you dont try one out .

mtbr member
    Really, really like my Ax2. Very firm pedaling, yet supple over the rough stuff. @26 lbs stock, yet a very stiff and responsive frame. This bike climbs great, and rails turns like no other I have ridden. It's a keeper for sure.

The only negative, I've found, to the Ax (which can be compensated for by the rider) is going down very steep and chunky trails, where you're hitting square edged "steps" going down. The steep head angle of the Ax, which makes it climb and corner so well, falls a little short if it's really steep and rocky, but the rider compensates by getting off the back of the bike. So, it's not that you can't ride it, it just takes more rider skill, but it sounds like this kind of a trail will not be a concern for you, though. Just steep, or just rocky.... no problems, and everywhere else, it's been golden for general XC/trail use.

I've never ridden the GT, so I can't compare, but the Ax is definitely worth checking out. As far as bang for the buck, the Ax2 has to be pretty high up on the list, for it's price range.

The best advice is always - go test drive them. see what fits/feels best to YOU, and fits your riding style/trails the best.

good luck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    The Giant Maestro Suspension is hands down one of the finest rear suspensions available . You would being yourself a huge diservice if you dont try one out .
    so is i-drive, its just under hyped. maestro isnt going to pedal any better, or be any more active.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    today it was the 1st ride for 2 hours on my new Sensor in the countryside. Was trying to chose as bumpy route as possible and it was perfect anywhere. Goes uphill superb. I-drive is really working very smooth just as it is described on GT website. It seemed that pro-pedal function isn't even necessary. Although I can't compare this bike to other FS as this is my 1st but I felt like I was riding on a very luxury bike. This is what I wanted.

I'm with stupid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nGoqF7CNR8
    here is kinda a break down on the I-Drive. I love it and think it is very underrated.

No good in rock gardens..
    I was going to suggest to the OP to look at a Giant Trance as well - 1" more travel for the trail with very little weight penalty over the Anthem.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaped View Post
    today it was the 1st ride for 2 hours on my new Sensor in the countryside. Was trying to chose as bumpy route as possible and it was perfect anywhere. Goes uphill superb. I-drive is really working very smooth just as it is described on GT website. It seemed that pro-pedal function isn't even necessary. Although I can't compare this bike to other FS as this is my 1st but I felt like I was riding on a very luxury bike. This is what I wanted.
    Hi there,

I'am just about to decide to buy 2010 GT SEnsor 2.0, and I just wanted to ask you what is your opinion, and what is the weight of the bike?

Sorry 4 my english,

Thank you for your useful information!