mtbr member
    Oct 2007

GT Marathon Elite review needed

A friend of mine is thinking of purchasing the 2009 GT Marathon Elite bike from Performance for $1400 as it's on sale. I tried a couple of searches but didn't have much like finding any reviews. Is this a good bike for the money? He is fairly new to mtn biking and is moving up from a Walmart all steel frame bike. His budget is $1500 or less.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Not sure about the bike but if your friend wants to wait till Aug 28th it should be on sale at REI for $750. They are having their 50% off sale off items ending in .83. For $750 it should be a great deal. Click on the link below.

REI

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Revo,

that is great news. How did you hear about this? Is there a link that mentions the 50% off all items ending in .83?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I doubt the 50% off. REI usually omit bikes from their larger sale events. You can't even use their 20% off coupon on non-novara brand bikes. But I don't know for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Actually there are very few bikes that are included in the super clearance sale and you're right this is not official yet but so far there are only two clearance bikes that would qualify and this is one of them. Link below with more information.

SD

There's no app for this.

If you buy

this month's MBAction magazine, there is a review there for you on that specific bike. Jim