mtbr member
    Sep 2004

giant stp medium frame, will it be too small for me?

Let me start by saying that I have always wanted to do more urban/DJ riding. I found a good deal on a lightly used 09 stp 1 ($500), but it's a medium frame. I am 6'3", and have been riding a large Gary Fisher mullet (21" seat tube) and I always felt like the bike was far too big to have fun jumping with. Will the medium STP be far too small for me to ride?

Feeling retro..but Jung

giant stp medium frame, will it be too small for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbadman View Post
    Let me start by saying that I have always wanted to do more urban/DJ riding. I found a good deal on a lightly used 09 stp 1 ($500), but it's a medium frame. I am 6'3", and have been riding a large Gary Fisher mullet (21" seat tube) and I always felt like the bike was far too big to have fun jumping with. Will the medium STP be far too small for me to ride?
    yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean if there were jobs then we wouldn't be on the dole then maybe we'd be singing about love and kissing-Joe Strummer

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbadman View Post
    May be, I think the STP come in Regular and Long, I have the reg no problem(5'7"). I don't think it would be a lot of problems for you even if it's a little small because it's not like you are riding XC on it. If anything, it would be even easier to move around the bike.

mtbr member
    I'm 6' even with 32" inseam and have a large. For urban stuff, I wouldn't want smaller. Skate park maybe. Jumping (small jumps, I ain't 18 anymore...) it's fine. For XC, it's too small.
    Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.

T.W.O.
    I ride mine on the trail some time but certainly not as an XC bike just something to mess around on the trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    it might be slightly too big, but you should test it first.

It's about showing up.
    It might be fine for your urban playground use, much like BMX sizing. I would not want to use it like a mountain bike for power output challenges due to odd positioning.
    I don't rattle.