jmi
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Giant Brass 2 good for Singletrack?

Hey all, first post. I wanted to get advice, input on wheather a Giant Brass 2 is ok for singletrack trails, I want to get this bike for my son, he's 14 and likes jumping ramps and we go to local mtb trails with his dept store special that is on its last leg. He's used his brothers trek 6000 and broke the chain within 5 minutes. I think this bike can take a beating but wondering if any out there have had experience with this bike to get input. I can get a really good deal on this bike that is why I am asking on this specific model. I'm in Florida so my mountains are limited to 2 to 4 foot lumps.

Picture Unrelated
    Looks like it could take a beating pretty well. No matter what bike you choose you're going to have to do more frequent trips to the LBS in order to get it checked out and adjusted. Kids are brutal on things and the more you keep after making sure things are tight and true then the longer the bike is going to last.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

jmi
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the reply Z, I went ahead and got it for him yesturday, he loved it. Now its time to hit the trails this weekend and see what she could do. Best thing is I got it new from the LBS and they will tune and adjust it for free as many times as needed the first year, can't beat that.

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by jmi
    Best thing is I got it new from the LBS and they will tune and adjust it for free as many times as needed the first year, can't beat that.
    That's honestly the best reason to buy a bike from a LBS, a fact that many people obsessed with buying online are missing out on.

You should post up an action shot when you get out on the trail, hope he enjoys it!
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?