Thread: Giant ATX 890

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Giant ATX 890

I have a small 17.5" Giant ATX 890 frame. I bought it second hand from a New Zealander.

I dont know what Axel to crown length it takes.

The Frame is black at the front and yellow rear, it has a Aluxx 95 sticker on it , and it has hydro disk pipe slots along the frame, and a raised disk mount. One that almost stands straight up. It has a Inegrated headset, and has an overall weight of 3lbs dead with nothing on it.

Can any one advise me as to what fork it takes, and what stem length works.
    im looking at a pace RC31 rigid fork, but there are 80mm adjusted and 100mm versions.

Hope some one can help as i dont even know the age of it and giant didnt help much either.

Cheers

edit: i think it has a Aluxx95 sticker! i'll go check!
    Last edited by yendis; 10-25-2007 at 10:45 AM.
    My Name is backwards, Who did that!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yendis
    I have a small 17.5" Giant ATX 890 frame. I bought it second hand from a New Zealander.

I dont know what Axel to crown length it takes.

The Frame is black at the front and yellow rear, it has a Aluxx 95 sticker on it, and it has hydro disk pipe slots along the frame, and a raised disk mount. One that almost stands straight up. It has a Inegrated headset, and has an overall weight of 3lbs dead with nothing on it.

Can any one advise me as to what fork it takes, and what stem length works.
    im looking at a pace RC31 rigid fork, but there are 80mm adjusted and 100mm versions.

Hope some one can help as i dont even know the age of it and giant didnt help much either.

Cheers

I'm reasonably confident 80mm would be the go - I don't think they've made the ATX's for a few years and 100mm geometry is fairly recent for the xc hardtail market.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

AH! Eurika!

I have finally found a picture!

Second Picture down

Its the one in the front, the hard tail. Looks like its from the long stem era.

So, it looks like its from austrailasia, but giants web doesnt archive that far back.

what age is it?

its a integrated head set too...

Cheers
    My Name is backwards, Who did that!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yendis
    I have finally found a picture!

Second Picture down

Its the one in the front, the hard tail. Looks like its from the long stem era.

So, it looks like its from austrailasia, but giants web doesnt archive that far back.

what age is it?

its a integrated head set too...

Cheers
    I'm guessing around 99/00. I have a dually like the first one in the pic, which is 97 (used it for xc and dh for years...).

Definately need an 80mm equivalent fork, unless you want to mess with the geometry.