Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

GF cake 3 dlx or ibex atlas

596 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dascro 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what everyone thought would be a better bike for all mountain riding without any serious drops. I can get a cake 3 dlx from a LBS for 1000$ or wait for the ibex atlas sport for 1000 next year.(they are sold out of this years). I am 6'1' 185lbs before gear. There is no hurry so if the ibex is better I will have no problem waiting. I just think that cake might be a great deal and would like to jump on it if it is. Let me know what everyone thinks would be the better bike for me.

Thank you.

If it makes any difference I am looking for a All mountain full suspension bike to replace my cannondale f5 hardtail

#3 ·
I'm just wondering which bike will ultimatly hold up better in the long term and be a bike I can be happy with and get good use out of for a long time. Another option would be a cannondale prophet. Again price is important but I'd rather spend more to get a better bike if its going to keep me from needing to upgrade for longer. Also while I love the downhills its also very important for me to be able to climb. Any advice is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.