mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Getting rid of my santa cruz

Help me out guys, i have a santa cruz blur LT2

There's nothing wrong with the bike, but its just that i guess you could say that, it just doesnt " feel " right, when i say " feel " its not the sizing or the cockpit or whatever, but the feeling when you ride the bike, how you feel at home on the bike, how it makes you say " Damn! this bike is made for me! "

That brings me to my old kona shred. That bike i love and i use it for everything, from xc,am,bike park, abit of dh and even to commute.

Now my question is, which frame should i get to get the "feel" of the kona shred or a hardtail bike on a fs bike? i've done my research and it looks like im gonna get slopestyle or 4x bike.

All these bikes are within my price range. All i need now i to choose.

DMR BOLT
    DARTMOOR SHINE
    NS BIKES SODA

If anyone has ridden on a kona shred ( i think 08 or 07 model? ) or similar, which of these bikes fits what i need the most?

or if anyone has any other suggestion on a short travel, full suspension bike, that handles like a hardtail feel free to let me know.

Thank You

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was eyeing the SHINE for a while. Somewhat of a slope style frame 100mm rear 140/160mm front. acceptable head angle. Of the three listed, I'd say DARTMOOR.

Hard tail that rips?? Ragley Blue Pig. check out the HA, SA..

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    the Ragley looks awesome, would be nice as a replacement for my shred. Have you ridden the Shine? hows it ride?

Also, im new to slopestyle bikes, are slopestyle frames really squishy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    No, haven't ridden the SHINE, but it is on my list to buy this Spring.

Slopestyle vs. real squishy. I cannot really say, 100mm is tight. I've been jumping more and more, that's the reason for the SHINE.

The hardtail is a blast, but sometimes some squish would have been nice to have.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thank you for the input, the Dartmoor looks interesting. But im gonna wait for more info/suggestions before purchasing a frame. The Dartmoor and NS bike ones seems like more of a choice for me, plus for the NS Soda, looks like i could put my FD on it.

Any rider experience with these bikes? I need the input. If it helps i'll be riding with a 140mm fork till i can afford a shorter travel one. I cant test ride these bikes so any rider input would be very helpfull.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oh and if anyone has a DMR bolt, it states that it can take a 180mm dual crown? If i were to go for a 180mm fork would a single crown be fine?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Dartmoor!!

Members who have read this thread: 0