mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc: Best Buy for my Money?

Well, I've been bike hunting all around lately and I think I've finally found a bike that I can settle on. I just want to double check that it's really worth my coin before I bite the bullet.
    I'm 6'3" 160 lbs and I really enjoy biking with my friends through trails and some singletrack and around town. Problem is I ride a really old bike that's probably worth about $50 and it usually costs me more pain than pleasure to ride .

I looked at Trek, Specialized, and Cannondale dealers and found several bikes I liked, the 6000, rockhopper. I like the Tass though too.

So for $800 and I'm really getting my money's worth vs. other bikes in its class. Thanks.

Portland, OR
    The tass is a pretty nice frame. but for $800.00 I think that you can do better. the hayes sole brakes are terrible and the bontrager "ranger" rims I didnt find to be all that impressive.

have you tried looking online? ironhorse, motobecane and ibex bikes make some great stuff for your money, and usually have the best components. I suggest you take a look at the trophy comp from ibex. its a pretty nice package. motobecane also has a fantom comp (not sure if thats whats its called) they look to be pretty nice as well.

But of just the tass, yea...it'll be a good bike if thats one that you're set on. does it have the best components...not really. but I'm sure they'll last a good while before giving you any problems.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1