Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

gary fisher roscoe vs cannondale rize

594 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Timpanogos 
#1 ·
I'm actually really surprised that I havent seen any comparisons of these two bikes, they both seem like they are going for the same section of the market. With that said, does anyone have any thoughts on these two bikes? first hand experience with both of them maybe? I would be really interested to see what you all have to say about these.

#2 ·
I don't really see these two bikes competing head to head. The travel is a little different - 140mm on the Roscoe and 130mm on the Rize. I think the Roscoe is a real all mountain rig and the Rize is more like a longer travel XC bike and is lighter.

Personally, I would take the Roscoe because I dig the ABP split-pivot design, the rear shock is awesome, and is better going down.

The 2010 Cannondale RZ 140 will probably compare better to the Roscoe.

#3 ·
On second thought, I think the little swinging thing on the Rize does what the rear shock on the Roscoe does.

Anther factor is the head tube angle. The Rize is 68.5 and the Roscoe is 68. Not sure what difference .5 degree makes, but I would prefer the slacker one.

Right now, I would still go for the Roscoe, but the 2010 RZ 140 will be worth looking at (I am a big fan of the Lefty).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.