Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gary Fisher Mullet?

665 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ppeg34 
#1 ·
After quite a bit of searching and thinking and more searching, I am beginning to lean towards a freeride bike.

I stumbled across this Gary Fisher Mullet and it seems to be what I want (although I have yet to test ride it). Can you all suggest bikes that are similar (preferably hardtail) in this price range (or maybe a tad lower) that will cover my biking needs.

Those being (in no order of importance)

1. getting to and from class
2. messing around town with my friend
3. hitting jumps and obstacles
4. having fun
5. hitting trails on weekends

You guys are awesome. I love you.

Also, I realize that freeride bikes are most likely going to be bikes that can do a variety of things just not as well as a bike built to do certain specialized things. So keep in mind I am not expecting a bike that can do all things perfectly. I just want to be able to do what I want on my bike, whenever I want to do it.

You guys are still awesome and I still love you.

See less See more
#4 ·
I guess now I am starting to realize that I am looking for an ultimate compromise. I want a bike that will get me around on the trails but that I can have fun just riding around town which is what I do most of the time anyways. I would like to be able to hit jumps and stuff. I am having issues trying to communicate exactly what I want...

Maybe I don't know exactly what I want...

Good luck helping me

I think I am thinking somewhere along the lines of a giant stp 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.