Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

FSR or 29er - opinions plz

406 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  djanis99 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some input. I currently have an old stumpjumper hardtail that I am very capable on. The bike needs some serious upgrades and I am looking into getting a new bike. I tried the Stumpjumper fsr Elite on one of my local trails and found it sluggish and heavy. I had trouble remembering to lockout the rear suspension on climbs and let it loose on the downhill. I had difficulty lifting up the front end to clear obsticals - too heavy or geometry? Maybe I am a weakling...

I am now leaning towards either the Stumpjumper HT 29", Gary Fisher Superfly 29er, or Specialized Epic FSR (it has the brain). I ride in the Boulder/Golden area of Colorado which has some pretty rough terrain. I have been fairly capable on my hardtail but maybe I could be a lot faster. I don't race but like going very fast and not too worried about comfort - I am out of the saddle on the rough stuff anyway. My weakness is climbing which is why I am leaning towards a hardtail or brain to help me with my weakness.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you want to riding sometime too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.