mtbr member
    Jul 2006

FS Frame With Most Tire Clearance

I'm looking for a FS frame with plenty of tire clearance so I can stuff some wide tires in it. This of course won't approach a true fat bike, but the idea is to go as big as 2.5 or 2.6, or even better something around 3 inches. Pseudo-Fat-Bike on a budget if you will. Any suggestions on which used FS frames I should be looking for?

I won't completely rule out a hard tail, but I'd like this bike to be my winter steed while also serving as my backup bike so I could throw on my regular tires in the event my primary rig suffers and extended repair cycle.

Suggestions please...

Fred

T.W.O.

FS Frame With Most Tire Clearance

Check out some of the bike listed on the 650b forum. If you can see the clearance with 2.3 neomoto you should be fine. That's almost 2.75 tire clearance. I know my mojo hd clear that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I actually ride 650 on my Blur LT2, and run 26" Conti Trail King 2.4's during winter (higher volume for lower PSI). I would like to go a little fatter than the 2.4's and want to have a spare bike to use from time to time when I break things or I'm doing maintenance.

Fred