mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Fox vs Rockshox 120mm

What are peoples oponion on Fox 32 F120R forks vs. Rockshox rebas

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Some people like one. Other people like the other.

I should be studying...
    Ford vs. Chevy, Sram vs. Shimano. That being said, I have 2005 Reba still going strong and smooth; I had it pushed last year and it feels even better. My little bro just got a new pivot mach 4 with a Reba Team on it-- they are still great forks. I know that a few years ago, Fox had some seal issues, so much so that Push was installing RS seals on the fox forx. I'm sure there is a whole contingent of people who feel very strongly about their fox forx here too.
    Formerly known as iceaxe

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I own a 2009 Rockshox Sid Team and a 2011 Fox f100 15 QR. I feel that the Rockshox has better small bump compliance than the Fox, however, I feel that the Fox is easier to setup and ramps up better. I have had quality issues with my Sid. The lower was not machined correctly from the factory causing the wheel to sit tilted towards one of the legs. Rockshox attempted to fix it 3 times under warranty but in the end I had to sand down one of the dropouts to get the wheel to sit straight. It appears their overseas manufacturer screwed something up in their bulk order and all of their lowers were defective. I have v brakes on that fork so it was very obvious to me however those that have disc brakes may never notice. I also do not like the positive and negative air chambers on the Rockshox... It is a pain to setup. It is weird but sometimes I can follow their recommended pressures and other times I am way off to get my 20% sag. Sometimes I can do the 115 psi in both the upper and lower chambers and other times it is more like 85 psi in the lower and 165psi in the upper to achieve the same sag! I don't get it. I have read about others experiencing this and the consensus was that the fork needed to be worn in. My fork has over 1K mi on it so I don't see that being the issue. My Fox fork has around 700 mi on it and it maintains pressure better than the Sid so they must have fixed the seal problems. The Fox is a 15 QR but besides that it just seems like it has a more robust build. It doesn't flex as much as the Sid. So, to sum it up... The Rockshox has a better ride but is more willing to bottom out. The Fox is easier to setup and is more robust in design. Besides the manufacture defect of the Rockshox, both forks appear to be reliable. Also, if it matters to you, Rockshox is made in China and Fox is made in the USA.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
    Also, if it matters to you, Rockshox is made in China and Fox is made in the USA.
    good to know! I learned a lot from your post, good comparison of the pros and cons of both!