Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    ^^^ Such a tease!!! Make them bigger please... maybe 640x480. Anyway, it looks good, but we need more pics. The color looks matte... is that right? Use a flash if you have to.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    ^^^ Such a tease!!! Make them bigger please... maybe 640x480. Anyway, it looks good, but we need more pics. The color looks matte... is that right? Use a flash if you have to.
    sorry, I didn't have any good editing software. The originals are high res, about 660kb ea. I will try to resize them in photoshop later.

yes it is matte. looks just like powder coat.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    ^^^ There's no need for that. If you are using Outlook Express for email then you can just select all the image and right-click and "send to" "mail recipient". When OE starts it'll ask you if you want to make the pictures smaller or leave them the originals. Pick smaller and then a new email message will appear with all the images attached in smaller resolution (usually 640x480). Then just select all the attachments and save them to the desktop or a folder or whatever. Presto!!! smaller pictures. That's a easy shortcut anyway. If you're running Vista, there's native support for this regardless of what email client you use, so you can use WE or full blown Outlook to do this. Just FYI.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    take a look at these for now....

Anyone with Jeep Cherokee

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike

Looks Good!

If you are running XP I would suggest the Image Resizer Power Tool. It only resizes (no crop or anything) but it works well and supports multible files at once. Best of all it's FREE!
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

mtbr member

Hi Mike,
    I dig that blue color. I dont know whats wrong with me, but I like that blue much much more than the silver....

nice big rack by the way....
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice, I ordered mine (19") a couple of days ago. Should be here by Mon or Tues. I was a little worried about the color, but now I can't wait.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    Looks Good!

If you are running XP I would suggest the Image Resizer Power Tool. It only resizes (no crop or anything) but it works well and supports multible files at once. Best of all it's FREE!
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    Thanks, That seemed to work better than Microsoft Photo Editor (work pc), and whatever is built into my Linux distro (home).

I updated the pics in both threads.

I really like the Matte Blue too.... just going to be hard to color match if I need to touch up. I am definitally happy with the 19" all around.

mtbr member
    Thanks, That seemed to work better than Microsoft Photo Editor (work pc), and whatever is built into my Linux distro (home).

I updated the pics in both threads.

I really like the Matte Blue too.... just going to be hard to color match if I need to touch up. I am definitally happy with the 19" all around.
    its a mountain bike. scratches add character. if they're aren't scratches/scuffs. you're not riding it hard enough

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    its a mountain bike. scratches add character. if they're aren't scratches/scuffs. you're not riding it hard enough
    I realize that...just want to keep it in good shape for awhile. I have a good gouge for a chain derailment (my fault) that I would like to touch up, the little scratches don't bother me.

Remember I am from the land of rust and corrosion (NY), we tend to get overly paranoid....and rightfully so. I always say the state should pay for my rusted out parts.....

mtbr member
    Remember I am from the land of rust and corrosion (NY), we tend to get overly paranoid....and rightfully so. I always say the state should pay for my rusted out parts.....
    I hear ya I'm originally from Ontario and now reside in BC for the past 4 years. I will never go back to Ontario for ANYTHING

mtbr member
    I realize that...just want to keep it in good shape for awhile. I have a good gouge for a chain derailment (my fault) that I would like to touch up, the little scratches don't bother me.

I dont think rust is a problem from aluminum. I ride through out the year. I commute to work almost every day (if there is less than 6" of snow on the ground). did not have any problem with rust on my bike (with occasional wash downs). my Car is a different question all together.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

my fun has a hurting
    this is what stickers are for!

Uit Nederland
    Nice, good job building it yourself

mtbr member
    May 2007
    is there like a guide or something i can use for tips when i put this thing together? I wanna make sure it doesnt fall apart when i'm going 40 down a highway .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by subxeon
    is there like a guide or something i can use for tips when i put this thing together? I wanna make sure it doesnt fall apart when i'm going 40 down a highway .
    Maybe this will help...
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/instructionhelp.htm

my fun has a hurting
    forge.com support page
    there is a basic quick assembly guide there. if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself take it to a good mechanic.

i want to know how the hell you plan to get a mountain bike up to 40mph on the highway in iowa. the max speed clocked on my roadbike's computer is 48mph and i live in a city full of steep hills.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Nice

cdburch is on man.... Stop messing with the chain. I have been riding all week! Finally someone posted the blue model Thank you! I dig the look and the changes they did this year. This only confirmed that I'm buying another Forge, I have last years blue. I figure I could always swap parts, especially at this price. I notice the emblem is different on the box, cool, I like the new one. Can you take a picture of the emblem from the front, did they change the h.tube emblem as well? Thanks man.

my fun has a hurting
    Quote Originally Posted by bikefun
    cdburch is on man.... Stop messing with the chain. I have been riding all week! Finally someone posted the blue model Thank you! I dig the look and the changes they did this year. This only confirmed that I'm buying another Forge, I have last years blue. I figure I could always swap parts, especially at this price. I notice the emblem is different on the box, cool, I like the new one. Can you take a picture of the emblem from the front, did they change the h.tube emblem as well? Thanks man.
    yeah the head tube badge is the retooled logo that i designed (the one on the box)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I went for ride this morning and when I returned to clean/inspect everything I noticed a few things.. The finish was bubbled around where the rear disk brake connects and flaked right off. Also the chain is a Shimano HG73 (Forge lists it as KMC). Tires also had to be pumped up this morning as both had lost a lot of air.

Now off to clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Interesting,, That's a really nice chain, my 5xx from last year is a KMC. On that note, I'm off to ride my Forge. Late!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have the same paint issue on mine in the back where the bolt for the brake caliper is just like yours. I guess it's a production issue and not something unique to just mine.

I'll have to take a close look on mine about the chain. I'll be dancing if it's really a Shimano instead of a KMC.

mtbr member
    I have the same paint issue on mine in the back where the bolt for the brake caliper is just like yours. I guess it's a production issue and not something unique to just mine.

I'll have to take a close look on mine about the chain. I'll be dancing if it's really a Shimano instead of a KMC.
    dont worry about the paint issue. hen you torque, or when the cailper bolt gets torqued, it chews through the paint therefore flakes off.
    by rights there should be NO paint where cailper meets frame surface... should be bare aluminium thats it. also ensures a flush fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have the Shimano chain too

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    OK, I know this is the wrong forum for drivetrain questions, but it's my thread and I know you guys will already know what bike and drivetrain I'm talking in reference to so, here goes. Should there be any interference from the front derailer on the chain when I'm at the extreme ends of the rear casette? By this I mean, if I'm on the biggest ring in the front and go to the biggest ring in the back it rubs a little and if I'm on the smallest ring up front and smallest in the back it rubs again. Seems to me that the bike should be able to go into each and every gear with no interference whatsoever. Am I wrong in thinking this? Is there really a limit as to what gears you can use up front in relation to the back? If there is, that's silly because then you can't really call it a 27 speed drivetrain then. Anyway, is this normal or should I consider the drivetrain "out of tune" and take it into the LBS to get it adjusted. BTW, this was the case with it since "day one". Shouldn't it have come preadjusted properly? If it does needs LBS adjustment, should Forge fit the bill for it this one time?
    I'm doing some research on the parts and weights and noticed this about the front derailleur.
    http://bike.shimano.com/catalog/cycl...=1179074880721

Specifications
    Series Alivio
    Model No. FD-M410-6,FD-M410-3
    Rear Speeds 8/7

Maybe the problem with the rub since it's not rated for 9 rear?

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast