Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1610
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    ^^^ Such a tease!!! Make them bigger please... maybe 640x480. Anyway, it looks good, but we need more pics. The color looks matte... is that right? Use a flash if you have to.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    ^^^ Such a tease!!! Make them bigger please... maybe 640x480. Anyway, it looks good, but we need more pics. The color looks matte... is that right? Use a flash if you have to.
    sorry, I didn't have any good editing software. The originals are high res, about 660kb ea. I will try to resize them in photoshop later.

    yes it is matte. looks just like powder coat.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    ^^^ There's no need for that. If you are using Outlook Express for email then you can just select all the image and right-click and "send to" "mail recipient". When OE starts it'll ask you if you want to make the pictures smaller or leave them the originals. Pick smaller and then a new email message will appear with all the images attached in smaller resolution (usually 640x480). Then just select all the attachments and save them to the desktop or a folder or whatever. Presto!!! smaller pictures. That's a easy shortcut anyway. If you're running Vista, there's native support for this regardless of what email client you use, so you can use WE or full blown Outlook to do this. Just FYI.

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    take a look at these for now....

    Anyone with Jeep Cherokee

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    take a look at these for now....

    Anyone with Jeep Cherokee
    Looks Good!

    If you are running XP I would suggest the Image Resizer Power Tool. It only resizes (no crop or anything) but it works well and supports multible files at once. Best of all it's FREE!
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Orca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    take a look at these for now....

    Anyone with Jeep Cherokee
    Hi Mike,
    I dig that blue color. I dont know whats wrong with me, but I like that blue much much more than the silver....

    nice big rack by the way....
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    22
    Nice, I ordered mine (19") a couple of days ago. Should be here by Mon or Tues. I was a little worried about the color, but now I can't wait.

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    Looks Good!

    If you are running XP I would suggest the Image Resizer Power Tool. It only resizes (no crop or anything) but it works well and supports multible files at once. Best of all it's FREE!
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    Thanks, That seemed to work better than Microsoft Photo Editor (work pc), and whatever is built into my Linux distro (home).

    I updated the pics in both threads.

    I really like the Matte Blue too.... just going to be hard to color match if I need to touch up. I am definitally happy with the 19" all around.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickerman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    Thanks, That seemed to work better than Microsoft Photo Editor (work pc), and whatever is built into my Linux distro (home).

    I updated the pics in both threads.

    I really like the Matte Blue too.... just going to be hard to color match if I need to touch up. I am definitally happy with the 19" all around.
    its a mountain bike. scratches add character. if they're aren't scratches/scuffs. you're not riding it hard enough

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    its a mountain bike. scratches add character. if they're aren't scratches/scuffs. you're not riding it hard enough
    I realize that...just want to keep it in good shape for awhile. I have a good gouge for a chain derailment (my fault) that I would like to touch up, the little scratches don't bother me.

    Remember I am from the land of rust and corrosion (NY), we tend to get overly paranoid....and rightfully so. I always say the state should pay for my rusted out parts.....

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickerman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    Remember I am from the land of rust and corrosion (NY), we tend to get overly paranoid....and rightfully so. I always say the state should pay for my rusted out parts.....
    I hear ya I'm originally from Ontario and now reside in BC for the past 4 years. I will never go back to Ontario for ANYTHING

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Orca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    I realize that...just want to keep it in good shape for awhile. I have a good gouge for a chain derailment (my fault) that I would like to touch up, the little scratches don't bother me.

    Remember I am from the land of rust and corrosion (NY), we tend to get overly paranoid....and rightfully so. I always say the state should pay for my rusted out parts.....

    I dont think rust is a problem from aluminum. I ride through out the year. I commute to work almost every day (if there is less than 6" of snow on the ground). did not have any problem with rust on my bike (with occasional wash downs). my Car is a different question all together.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

  13. #113
    my fun has a hurting
    Reputation: cdburch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    658
    this is what stickers are for!

  14. #114
    Uit Nederland
    Reputation: fujirider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    342
    Nice, good job building it yourself

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    is there like a guide or something i can use for tips when i put this thing together? I wanna make sure it doesnt fall apart when i'm going 40 down a highway .

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by subxeon
    is there like a guide or something i can use for tips when i put this thing together? I wanna make sure it doesnt fall apart when i'm going 40 down a highway .
    Maybe this will help...
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/instructionhelp.htm

  17. #117
    my fun has a hurting
    Reputation: cdburch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    658
    forge.com support page
    there is a basic quick assembly guide there. if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself take it to a good mechanic.

    i want to know how the hell you plan to get a mountain bike up to 40mph on the highway in iowa. the max speed clocked on my roadbike's computer is 48mph and i live in a city full of steep hills.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    502

    Nice

    cdburch is on man.... Stop messing with the chain. I have been riding all week! Finally someone posted the blue model Thank you! I dig the look and the changes they did this year. This only confirmed that I'm buying another Forge, I have last years blue. I figure I could always swap parts, especially at this price. I notice the emblem is different on the box, cool, I like the new one. Can you take a picture of the emblem from the front, did they change the h.tube emblem as well? Thanks man.

  19. #119
    my fun has a hurting
    Reputation: cdburch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by bikefun
    cdburch is on man.... Stop messing with the chain. I have been riding all week! Finally someone posted the blue model Thank you! I dig the look and the changes they did this year. This only confirmed that I'm buying another Forge, I have last years blue. I figure I could always swap parts, especially at this price. I notice the emblem is different on the box, cool, I like the new one. Can you take a picture of the emblem from the front, did they change the h.tube emblem as well? Thanks man.
    yeah the head tube badge is the retooled logo that i designed (the one on the box)

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    I went for ride this morning and when I returned to clean/inspect everything I noticed a few things.. The finish was bubbled around where the rear disk brake connects and flaked right off. Also the chain is a Shimano HG73 (Forge lists it as KMC). Tires also had to be pumped up this morning as both had lost a lot of air.

    Now off to clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    502
    Interesting,, That's a really nice chain, my 5xx from last year is a KMC. On that note, I'm off to ride my Forge. Late!

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    I have the same paint issue on mine in the back where the bolt for the brake caliper is just like yours. I guess it's a production issue and not something unique to just mine.

    I'll have to take a close look on mine about the chain. I'll be dancing if it's really a Shimano instead of a KMC.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickerman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    I have the same paint issue on mine in the back where the bolt for the brake caliper is just like yours. I guess it's a production issue and not something unique to just mine.

    I'll have to take a close look on mine about the chain. I'll be dancing if it's really a Shimano instead of a KMC.
    dont worry about the paint issue. hen you torque, or when the cailper bolt gets torqued, it chews through the paint therefore flakes off.
    by rights there should be NO paint where cailper meets frame surface... should be bare aluminium thats it. also ensures a flush fit.

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    I have the Shimano chain too

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    OK, I know this is the wrong forum for drivetrain questions, but it's my thread and I know you guys will already know what bike and drivetrain I'm talking in reference to so, here goes. Should there be any interference from the front derailer on the chain when I'm at the extreme ends of the rear casette? By this I mean, if I'm on the biggest ring in the front and go to the biggest ring in the back it rubs a little and if I'm on the smallest ring up front and smallest in the back it rubs again. Seems to me that the bike should be able to go into each and every gear with no interference whatsoever. Am I wrong in thinking this? Is there really a limit as to what gears you can use up front in relation to the back? If there is, that's silly because then you can't really call it a 27 speed drivetrain then. Anyway, is this normal or should I consider the drivetrain "out of tune" and take it into the LBS to get it adjusted. BTW, this was the case with it since "day one". Shouldn't it have come preadjusted properly? If it does needs LBS adjustment, should Forge fit the bill for it this one time?
    I'm doing some research on the parts and weights and noticed this about the front derailleur.
    http://bike.shimano.com/catalog/cycl...=1179074880721

    Specifications
    Series Alivio
    Model No. FD-M410-6,FD-M410-3
    Rear Speeds 8/7

    Maybe the problem with the rub since it's not rated for 9 rear?

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    dont worry about the paint issue. hen you torque, or when the cailper bolt gets torqued, it chews through the paint therefore flakes off.
    by rights there should be NO paint where cailper meets frame surface... should be bare aluminium thats it. also ensures a flush fit.
    That's not the problem. The problem is that there's too much pain in that area... it's a drip/collection pool from the looks of the amount of paint on it. It's not a smooth area at all. There's issues with that area anyway because whoever painted the frames messed up on the color. The read dropout area should be black anyway... the factory messed up.

    As for the chain, I have a Shimano as well. Someone really needs to correct the components page on Forge's site.


    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    I'm doing some research on the parts and weights and noticed this about the front derailleur.
    http://bike.shimano.com/catalog/cycl...=1179074880721

    Specifications
    Series Alivio
    Model No. FD-M410-6,FD-M410-3
    Rear Speeds 8/7

    Maybe the problem with the rub since it's not rated for 9 rear?
    You are ABOLUTELY right!!! I didn't even think about researching that. Good job and thanks. I guess I was expecting the components on this bike to be properly matched... Problem here is that the Alivio line of front derailers are ONLY MADE FOR 8 SPEED casettes. They really should have stepped up to the Deore for the front as well to cover the 9 speed setup in the back. I guess I'll be picking up a front derailer sometime soon, that really sucks. Anyone know a good online place to order parts?

    On a good sidenote though, the HG-73 chain is in the Hone line of Shimano products which is one step up from Deore, so that good.

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    That's not the problem. The problem is that there's too much pain in that area... it's a drip/collection pool from the looks of the amount of paint on it. It's not a smooth area at all. There's issues with that area anyway because whoever painted the frames messed up on the color. The read dropout area should be black anyway... the factory messed up.
    The paint clear coat quality isn't that good, and there are errors.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    Someone really needs to correct the components page on Forge's site.
    I'm doing a part/weight/price breakdown. I'm almost done so it should have all the "real" parts. Hopefully I'll have it up later today (missing some weights though).

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    dont worry about the paint issue. hen you torque, or when the cailper bolt gets torqued, it chews through the paint therefore flakes off.
    by rights there should be NO paint where cailper meets frame surface... should be bare aluminium thats it. also ensures a flush fit.
    There are multiple "paint issues" from the factory. Nothing major, but it's far from perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    I'm doing a part/weight/price breakdown. I'm almost done so it should have all the "real" parts. Hopefully I'll have it up later today (missing some weights though).
    Version 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    This is a clear chain frame protector for the chain to frame contact location. Helped me out since I do some jumps and I can hear the chain banging the top of the frame in this area.


    Also, I don't think there's any tubes in these wheels. I could be wrong though...

    I've also taken a closer look at the front derailer again and it's also misaligned on the frame. It's set too high on the frame by a couple mm. I'm not going to worry too much about that if I'm going to replace it with a Deore unit anyway to make use of all my back gears.

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,857
    Erm, no tubes in these wheels? Thats just funny... =P
    Its presta, its just a different type of valve..
    Im surprised that they used the alivio, but still great specs anywys.

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    This is a clear chain frame protector for the chain to frame contact location. Helped me out since I do some jumps and I can hear the chain banging the top of the frame in this area.
    The pic is to show the Missing paint we already know about and how the Pinstripe just ends in plain view on the top of the bar, I would think it should be connected.

    Again I'm sure no bike is perfect, I was just pointing out there are some issues.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    The only downside to the Forge is shop support. Before I left I checked everything and my front tire has a wobble in it, and on the front derailer going from 1 to 2 I sometimes have to work it into 2. Not a simple click. I'm sure it's just an adjustment, but had I gotten it locally... (add in your own + or -).
    Today while removing my front wheel I noticed a bent spoke. It explains the wobble, but what did I do.

    Since I have pictures of everything I started from newest to oldest. The bent spoke goes all the way back to when I took it out of the box. I'm assuming it's the puncture UPS put in the box and not Forges fault.

    Iím going to give Forge a call tomorrow to see what they will do about the dropout, the front derailleur, and the rim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    my front derailer was also too high on the frame....

    my paint looks good...

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinmike
    my front derailer was also too high on the frame....
    Did you correct it? I'm worried that once I swap derailers for one that's ACTUALLY MADE FOR A 9 SPEED and properly install it at the right hight I'll have left over markings on the paint from the old placement.

  36. #136
    my fun has a hurting
    Reputation: cdburch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    The pic is to show the Missing paint we already know about and how the Pinstripe just ends in plain view on the top of the bar, I would think it should be connected.

    Again I'm sure no bike is perfect, I was just pointing out there are some issues.
    thanks for posting this stuff! we are trying to crack down on the factory's quality control dept but its hard to do when we don't get to see the frames.... if its cool with you i'm going to grab these photos to send off to forge....

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Well I placed a call to Forge this morning at 9am and left a message. They returned my call in less than an hour. A very nice lady took my information and said they would look into it and they (Forge) would give me a call back. Mike called back about 30 minutes later.

    The first issue I mentioned was the unpainted drop out area. He said they were aware of the problem and it should have been corrected, and only affected the first few bikes.

    Second issue was the front derailleur (Alivio FD-M410). I mentioned the specs on the 7/8 speed and how they used it on the 9spd, and how some of us were seeing rubbing. First he said that this IS by design and often done on bikes (He mentioned IH). He didn't think it should be an issue, but did say he would check it out. I couldn’t find ANY bikes that were 27SPD using the FD-M410.

    My final issue was the bent spoke caused by UPS. He said best bet if I didn't mind (because I'd have to rebuild the bike) would be to call Target and tell them of my problem with UPS and have them send a new bike.

    Customer Service at Forge was A+. They are not like a big company putting you on hold and transferring you place to place. Mike was very knowledgeable and friendly, a real person. I won't go into all the detail of offerings, but bottom line he wanted to make sure I was happy. I was having my doubts, since all these "issues" have been coming up, but after talking to Forge the support is there.

    Off to call Target to try to get a replacement. I'll keep everyone updated.

    EDIT
    Target call took 5 minutes (mostly I was on hold). They are shipping a new bike and will pickup the old bike when they drop off the new one.
    Last edited by jleecong; 05-14-2007 at 10:28 AM.

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    Hum, that sounds like a lot of touble on your personal end. Having to take everything back appart now and pack it up to give to the UPS man (if things go right) and put another bike together. The bent fork is on the front wheel for god sakes. Why couldn't they just send you out another front wheel that you can simply swap out and then put your old/bend one back in the box and send it back to them. I don't agree with Forge asking you to send it back to Target. They should have replacement parts on hand. Again, I don't know what was discussed, but did you even push to just have the wheel replaced? Well, maybe you'll get another bike that's properly painted this time around, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. From what I heard this was an issue with the first shipment, which means that if Target hasn't sold enough to cycle the batch it won't make a difference for a few months.

    As for the derailer issue... I dunno man, Shimano plainly states that it's not for a 9 speed gearset. Mike (if he's the "shop guy") and likely the one that's picked all the components to go into the final product should have known this ahead of time. The "will look into it" basically means that nothing will be done in my book. I guess I'll let everyone know if the rubbing issue is still happening once a new Deore unit gets installed on my bike. The bad part is that I'll have to fork over money for the part and also installation if I don't want to do it myself which sucks. Let us know if your replacement bike shows up "properly painted".

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    Hum, that sounds like a lot of touble on your personal end. Having to take everything back appart now and pack it up to give to the UPS man (if things go right) and put another bike together. The bent fork is on the front wheel for god sakes. Why couldn't they just send you out another front wheel that you can simply swap out and then put your old/bend one back in the box and send it back to them. I don't agree with Forge asking you to send it back to Target. They should have replacement parts on hand. Again, I don't know what was discussed, but did you even push to just have the wheel replaced? Well, maybe you'll get another bike that's properly painted this time around, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. From what I heard this was an issue with the first shipment, which means that if Target hasn't sold enough to cycle the batch it won't make a difference for a few months.
    Hold on...

    It was MY choice to do a swap. He said he had a wheel sitting there he could send me. I have no problem removing things and reassembling them... I just did the front wheel yesterday to weigh things (how I notice the bent spoke). I'm hoping the paint is updated, but we will see. Mike and I both wondered what else was damaged by UPS that I was not seeing (3 puncture marks on the box). Not only was it my choice he offered a few other things that I don't want to mention. Again Forge support was A+.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    As for the derailer issue... I dunno man, Shimano plainly states that it's not for a 9 speed gearset. Mike (if he's the "shop guy") and likely the one that's picked all the components to go into the final product should have known this ahead of time. The "will look into it" basically means that nothing will be done in my book. I guess I'll let everyone know if the rubbing issue is still happening once a new Deore unit gets installed on my bike. The bad part is that I'll have to fork over money for the part and also installation if I don't want to do it myself which sucks. Let us know if your replacement bike shows up "properly painted".
    Please don't think I'm defending Forge. I consider it a mistake even if it's "industry standard". He mentioned that it sounded like the derailleur wasn't aligned properly (to high on the frame). I commented that I have read that about the Forge bikes.

    I would suggest you give Forge a call and leave a message. They are there to support/help you with your bike. From my experience I think they will make it right for you.

    Call Them and leave a message!
    1-866-265-9065

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by cdburch
    forge.com support page
    there is a basic quick assembly guide there. if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself take it to a good mechanic.

    i want to know how the hell you plan to get a mountain bike up to 40mph on the highway in iowa. the max speed clocked on my roadbike's computer is 48mph and i live in a city full of steep hills.
    imma put a motor on it.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55

    Target coupon code?

    Does anyone have a current 10% coupon code for Target?

    I've tried the TCRCPTAB & TGTSAVQ2, both the site says both have expired.

    Any help?

    TIA

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198
    I received a call from Mike (Forge). Apparently to Forge "I'll look into it" actually means "I'll look into it".

    Long story short he talked to a couple of people and they all said the setup was fine. Mike said he even called Shimano to ask about the setup and Shimano said it was good. He invited me to call Shimano and verify.

    I'll be the first to say I'm pretty new at this, but from reading a 9SPD is the same size as the 8SPD, that's why you have the narrow chain and can swap the rear cassette for a 8SPD without a spacer (Need a different chain).

    Check this out

    2007 Shimano LX HG 73 9 Speed Chain
    Super-narrow design allows the use of a 9-speed cassette with the same overall width as 8-speed.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by jleecong
    I received a call from Mike (Forge). Apparently to Forge "I'll look into it" actually means "I'll look into it".

    Long story short he talked to a couple of people and they all said the setup was fine. Mike said he even called Shimano to ask about the setup and Shimano said it was good. He invited me to call Shimano and verify.

    I'll be the first to say I'm pretty new at this, but from reading a 9SPD is the same size as the 8SPD, that's why you have the narrow chain and can swap the rear cassette for a 8SPD without a spacer (Need a different chain).

    Check this out

    2007 Shimano LX HG 73 9 Speed Chain
    Super-narrow design allows the use of a 9-speed cassette with the same overall width as 8-speed.
    I am not suprised Mike called Shimano. I have delt with him on a few things and he is top-notch and responsive.

    As far as dealing with Target on the damage, that is the way it should have been handled. Shipping damage is not Forge's fault. Again I am not suprised Mike offered to send out a rim.

    I think you would be hard pressed to find a company the size of Forge, making bikes (products) as nice as theirs, with the customer service they provide. It is obvious they are out to make a name for themselves with all the points I mentioned and more.

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    198

    Price/Weight/Comp Version 2

    Please let me know if you see any errors. Version 3 coming soon...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5
    I want a 19" so I googled for the 10% coupon and did not get anything? any tips or links? thx.

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    I just put my unit together last night and took it for a spin. Forget the paint problems, my chain is makin noise on the derailer on some gears too .

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,857
    All you guys have to remember it is supposed to be like this, its not tuned free out of the box.
    Take a look at sheldon browns website and learn how to adjust the deraillers because thats part of assembly.

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,857
    All you guys have to remember it is supposed to be like this, its not tuned free out of the box.
    Take a look at sheldon browns website and learn how to adjust the deraillers because thats part of assembly.

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    502
    Agree taik,,, You may need to make some minor adjustments. Not a big deal. The setup Forge uses is really nice, especially for the price. I've owned my Forge Sawback 5xx for over a year, fantastic bikes, I'm so impressed that I'm about to buy a third. Jlee great analysis, yes I agree Forge is an excellent buy! Just google target coupon and fish around for discounts.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlukok
    I want a 19" so I googled for the 10% coupon and did not get anything? any tips or links? thx.
    TGTSAVQ2 expires 6/30/07

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •