Thread: Focus Bikes?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Focus Bikes?

Still looking for a new ride to replace my stolen bike. Got about a grand to spend (sterling).

What about this?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...dID=5360026031

Don't have any experience with focus bikes, do you?

In england it costs the same as a specialized rock hopper pro to give you an idea of the competition.

mtbr member
    I don't have any experience, but I can say that it looks awesome, and it's specs do beat out the Rockhopper Pro Disc.

+it has a nice Fox fork..

If the brand is reputable, and people know it's a good bike in England, I'd say go for it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ok, thanks mate. I've posted it before but still would appreciate opinions, so what about this one since your on line?
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwP...%5Fbct=m003064

Fork's not as sweet.

mtbr member
    I like the Fox fork on the first one but the Scandium frame on the second one might make it a better deal. I think the bike to get would be the one that fits the best. The Scandium will have a much softer ride. When you spend this kind of money on a new bike it seems like it should be set up maybe a little better. I think 1.9 tyres are a waste of money. I doubt if Specialized would ever put a cheap set of tires like that on a race bike. Plus they cut corners with the LX stuff. I would at least want an XT crankset. So if one of these places would put some 2.1 tires on and stick an XT crankset on and give you credit for the LX and 1.9 tires that might be the way to go.