2010 RockHopper Comp Disc
    Aug 2009

Fishers always breaking

From my research here it seems as if so many people have so many problems with their Gary Fishers, is this true and if so why?

There's no app for this.

it's safe to assume

that there are and equal number of failures across any given manufacturer's range of bikes. GF bikes break no more than anyone else's frames.

jc

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    that there are and equal number of failures across any given manufacturer's range of bikes. GF bikes break no more than anyone else's frames.

jc
    Why would it be safe to ASSume that? Are you saying that all bikes are created equal? Are you some kinda Kommie er sumthin?
    "What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist."

mtbr member
    yeah, GF owners have had their frames break. some had 4 or 5 break and some have had none break. might just be bad luck. also, i think GFs sell a lot of bikes so even if the percentages are the same, the numbers are higher than the average manufacturer.

at least they have a good warranty (and sometimes even upgrades).
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

Former Bike Wrench
    I believe the problem is more prevalent in their 29ers than their 26ers...my guess is that they make a fairly lightweight 29er frame and many 29er riders are Tall and sometimes Heavier than the average rider. As mentioned above, they do have a great warranty policy though.

Funny how things change, in my bike shop days (1995-2003) Cannondale...otherwise known as Crack-n-Fail back then, was king of the broken frames.

There's no app for this.

Why yes I am

Quote Originally Posted by kapaso
    Why would it be safe to Assume that? Are you saying that all bikes are created equal? Are you some kinda Commie er sumthin?
    and as such, anything I say you will take as gospel.

Because there aren't any statistics on broken frames by manufacturer, any statements that GF fails more than manufacturer's models is simply subjective, not objective.

Jim