I started riding about 6 months ago with a Trek 29 Marlin. I've really enjoyed the sport and have ridden a lot...like 3-4 times per week. I only ride single track trails and feel like I started some what ahead of the game as I have ridden motorcycles on single track for several years. My biggest riding weakness is coming down off a rock stair step where the terrain continues on a downward slope. I feel like my back wheel wants to come up off the ground and throw me over the handlebars. (actually it did once) As a result there are many places that I get off the bike and walk the 5 feet or so down the stair step.
Based on an article I read in a mountain bike magazine, it sounds like a 27.5 might be easier to control over rough terrain.
1. My budget, within reason, is not restricting. (must be cheaper than buying another motorcycle!)
2. I'm thinking 27.5 might be the best of both worlds but I don't know enough to consider any brands.
3. I ride only single track trails consisting of both dirt and rock.
4. I'm only interested in hardtail.
5. 162 lbs., 5'11".
6. Would consider buying anywhere but would prefer from a local shop.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: First bike upgrade help
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »