mtbr member

New question here. Fezzari Kings Peak

I've been looking all over Craig's List for a used quality bike that I don't have to spend a lot of money on and won't be disappointed, but then I came across Fezzari's web site. Right now, I'm riding an older Trek 4300, and it leaves me wanting more sometimes. I need a good bike that can keep up on an average trail, but I'm not looking to win any races or make major jumps.

The Fezzari Kings Peak just seems too good to be true. It has components that I don't think will leave me needing much more, at least not any immediate upgrades. The fork isn't the best on the market, but definitely better than what I'm riding on right now. They custom fit every order. The bike itself looks awesome.

Is there something I'm missing. Is this frame garbage or something?

I've read the reviews on this web site, and they all seem good, but there's a limited amount of them so I was hoping to gain a little more insight before placing my order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    It's a good idea to call them. You will speak to a real person, probably Tyler. They are located in Utah.

I ordered a Cascade Peak a month ago and am very happy with the bike and the transaction.

I can't say anything about the hardtail, but my frame is very well built.

Before I ordered, I had Tyler on the phone several times a day for a week for hours answering all kinds of questions. They were patient, helpful and not pushy in any way.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

You'll have to do your research in seeing if the price of the bike and what it has to offer is a good deal or not, especially in comparison to other bikes in that price range.

That being said, bikes are like shoes and each feels/fits differently. Their frame may fit you well, it may not. I'm a proponent of riding as many bikes as you can so you can get a feel of what is "right" for you and your body/style. The good news is if you don't like it, you can send it back in 30 days, although you are responsible for shipping which cuts down on any $$$ savings you initially make on your purchase.

Be safe!!

mtbr member
    The value is definitely there. I like all the components and will be okay with the fork. All I'm not sure about is the quality of the frame. It looks like a solid bike, but it's hard to tell for sure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Maybe try to compare the geometry to other brands/models and see what it compares closely to, then go test ride those to try and get a comparable feel.

The quality of the frame is no different than any other major brand. I have no concerns about that as I have already put some use on mine.

Still, give them a call. It's not like if you call then you have to buy ;-) Just call and riddle the guys with questions about the frame. It's not like you're roped into a timeshare presentation...lol. They even might be able to give you some good examples of comparable frames so you'll know roughly what to expect.

mtbr member
    I'll most likely do that. Judging by how I feel about it right now, I imagine I will most likely place an order shortly after I get on the phone with them. I've read a lot of reviews on their frames, and it seems legit, and for hardtails that I've been looking at, this one definitely has the best set up by far.

How long did it take to get your bike after you ordered?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had to look back through my emails for that one...

I ordered right at noon on Thursday 2/24. Tyler didn't think they were going to be able to get it out by Friday afternoon, but they did. He sent me a personal email letting me know that they got it packed up and shipped out and even sent me an email with a pic of MY bike after they fully assembled it and before they packed it. It was obviously MY bike since I had some very unique upgrades done to it (wheels, etc). And there were no automated emails...all personalized. Hell, I even called back a few days later with a question about my wheels, wasn't able to speak to Tyler, but the guy that answered was like, "yeah, I remember that bike and we did ______to it" to answer my question.

So, I ordered on Thursday at noon. They shipped it out from Lindon, Utah via FedEx on Friday. It arrived in Tucson at my house on Tuesday morning, but since I wasn't home and it required a signature, I picked it up Wednesday at FedEx. I should have instructed him to deliver it to me at work.

It arrived nicely packed just as I've received other bikes and exactly how bike shops receive their bikes. I was able to put it together with no fuss, but I've built many bikes over the years. All of the little bits and pieces came for everything. My wheels came with every little aftermarket piece that they should have (qr adapters, tubeless valves tools, etc). The tires had been filled with sealant and were still aired up. The shocks were aired up to my genereal riding weight and style (of course you have to adjst but it was very close). And it came with platform pedals so i could take it for a spin right then ;-). Oh, and they threw in a t-shirt too. Tyler was going to throw in a water bottle which I think is custom, but since my frame doesn't have water holder bosses since it's a smaller frame, he gave me a shirt instead.

I have some pics of how it came when it arrived I can post up. Sorry for the craptastic quality from the phone...that's all I had.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fezzari Kings Peak-box.jpg  

Fezzari Kings Peak-out-box.jpg  

Fezzari Kings Peak-office.jpg  

Former Bike Wrench
    There is nothing irritatedly wrong with the Fezzari...you save money mainly because you are buying directly from the manufacturer. Since they don't need to have a dealer network, store front, build services, follow up service, sales people, mechanics, etc they can offer a discounted price.

You save money but you do lose service. Any warranty will have to be done through the mail on your dime. You will have to do your own assembly and follow up tune (or pay an LBS to do it for you). And the lifetime warranty is only good as long as the company stays in business (IBEX being an example of this).

As long as your OK with the trade off, you can save some money or get a better spec'd bike for your dollar.

mtbr member
    Thanks, this has helped a lot on my decision. I'm probably going to call them and check on some upgrades, and if everything works out it sounds like I'm confident enough in the frame to order one.