Me ride.
    Oct 2009

Dumpster find! Help ID the bike

While out riding I took a shortcut behind an office complex and something shiny in a dumpster caught my eye.
    It was junk, but inside there were 2 bikes!
    One was a girls Giant Boulder SE, blue.
    The other I couldn't make out as there were so many heavy items wedging them in I couldn't move it. It's a men's, with grip shifters and those tacky little front shock boots. It's black or dark grey, with a familiar-looking pattern on the top tube.
    Floored by this awesome find, I hightailed it back to my car to come get them.
    Imagine my shock when I pulled around the corner only to find....a scrapper had gone thru the dumpster, pulled out all the metal and bikes, and chucked them in the back of his rusty truck.
    The dumpster and office is near a big apartment complex, so I surmised that when folks get kicked out and don't pick up their junk it gets thrown in there.
    From the pics attached, can anyone help ID this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dumpster find!  Help ID the bike-dscf6427.jpg  

Dumpster find!  Help ID the bike-dscf6431.jpg  

It's about showing up.
    I know this doesn't answer your question but at least they are in the right place.
    I don't rattle.

Afric Pepperbird
    Dude, those photos suck!

Go to the salvage yard, and take many clear, uncluttered photos of the non-Boulder, and post here, or here.

(Or you can simply post right back here if it's another easily identified Giant)

Me ride.
    Oct 2009
    Those photos were taken while the bikes were still in the dumpster. Note the text about the heavy items wedging them in place.
    Of course they were junk, but fixed up they would have made some poor kids who didn't have a bike happy.
    It's sad when people throw away stuff that can easily be reused simply because they don't want someone else to have it. I've found bikes before...fixed them up and donated them to people who could use one. What's wrong with that?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    A decent find

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    nice

Members who have read this thread: 0